Affiliation: University of Tampere
- Characteristics of a cluster-randomized phase IV human papillomavirus vaccination effectiveness trialMatti Lehtinen
University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland Electronic address
Vaccine 33:1284-90. 2015....
- Clinical trials of human papillomavirus vaccines and beyondMatti Lehtinen
University of Tampere, School of Health Sciences, Kalevantie 4, FI 33014 Tampere, Finland
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 10:400-10. 2013..Eradication of the major oncogenic HPV types should be pursued...
- Chlamydia trachomatis infection and risk of cervical intraepithelial neoplasiaMatti Lehtinen
School of Health Sciences, University of Tampere, Tampere 33014, Finland
Sex Transm Infect 87:372-6. 2011..As Chlamydia trachomatis is also linked to cervical cancer, its role as a potential co-factor in the development of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) grade 2 or higher was examined...
- Seroprevalence atlas of infections with oncogenic and non-oncogenic human papillomaviruses in Finland in the 1980s and 1990sMatti Lehtinen
National Public Health Institute, Oulu and Kuopio, Finland
Int J Cancer 119:2612-9. 2006..6-9.7). Similar clustering of HPV16 and HPV6/11 infections was not found. The epidemic and the clustering may be due to high transmission probability of the hrHPV types and increase in sexual activity of the index birth cohorts...
- Associations between three types of maternal bacterial infection and risk of leukemia in the offspringMatti Lehtinen
National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Epidemiol 162:662-7. 2005..8, 95% confidence interval: 1.1, 6.9). Since H. pylori immunoglobulin G indicates chronic carriage of the microorganism, early colonization of the offspring probably differs between Iceland and Finland, two affluent countries...
- Effectiveness of preventive human papillomavirus vaccinationM Lehtinen
National Public Health Institute and the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Int J STD AIDS 14:787-92. 2003....
- Prospects for phase III-IV HPV vaccination trials in the Nordic countries and in EstoniaM Lehtinen
National Public Health Institute, Mannerheimintie 166, 00300, Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Virol 19:113-22. 2000..Mass-screening programmes exist in all Nordic countries, but not in Estonia...
- Human papillomavirus infection, risk for subsequent development of cervical neoplasia and associated population attributable fractionM Lehtinen
National Public Health, Institute, FIN 00300, Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Virol 22:117-24. 2001..PAR% has not been derived from longitudinal studies although assessment of HPV exposure prior to the neoplasia diagnosis should increase validity of such estimates...
- Herpes simplex virus and risk of cervical cancer: a longitudinal, nested case-control study in the nordic countriesMatti Lehtinen
School of Public Health, University of Tampere, Finland
Am J Epidemiol 156:687-92. 2002..6, 1.7) and 0.7 (95% CI: 0.3, 1.6), respectively, for HPV seropositives. In the meta-analysis, the relative risk for HSV-2 was 0.9 (95% CI: 0.6, 1.3). In both sets of data, HSV-2 did not play a role in cervical carcinogenesis...
- Evaluation of antibody response to human papillomavirus early proteins in women in whom cervical cancer developed 1 to 20 years laterMatti Lehtinen
Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Microbiology, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:49-55. 2003..Our purpose was to evaluate whether antibodies to HPV16 and HPV18 E6 and E7 proteins are useful for early diagnosis of cervical cancer by measuring the antibody response in women in whom cervical cancer later developed...
- Maternal herpesvirus infections and risk of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in the offspringMatti Lehtinen
Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Epidemiol 158:207-13. 2003..9, 95% confidence interval: 1.5, 5.8). Results indicate that reactivation of maternal EBV infection is probably associated with childhood ALL...
- Chlamydial antibodies and risk of prostate cancerTarja Anttila
National Public Health Institute, Oulu, Finland
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:385-9. 2005..We assessed the risk of prostate cancer by exposure to Chlamydia trachomatis...
- Serum antibody response to the heat shock protein 60 of Chlamydia trachomatis in women with developing cervical cancerJorma Paavonen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Helsinki, Haartmaninkatu 2, 00290 Helsinki, Finland
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:1287-92. 2003..The purpose of this study was to determine whether serum antibody response to the three versions of chlamydial heat shock protein 60 is associated with an increased risk for cervical cancer...
- Risk of cervical cancer associated with Chlamydia trachomatis antibodies by histology, HPV type and HPV cofactorsMargaret M Madeleine
Program in Epidemiology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Int J Cancer 120:650-5. 2007..0-5.1), but not for the 4 types (C, F, H, and K) that were present at very low prevalence in this population. There was an increased risk of SCC, but not AC, associated with antibodies to C. trachomatis that was not serotype specific...
- A population-based prospective study of Chlamydia trachomatis infection and cervical carcinomaKeng Ling Wallin
Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Cancer 101:371-4. 2002..trachomatis in both the prediagnostic smear and in the subsequent cervical cancer. In conclusion, a prior cervical C. trachomatis infection was associated with an increased risk for development of invasive cervical cancer...
- Chlamydia pneumoniae infection and the risk of female early-onset lung cancerTarja Anttila
Int J Cancer 107:681-2. 2003