Hanna Mari Alanen
Affiliation: University of Tampere
- Use of antipsychotic medications among elderly residents in long-term institutional care: a three-year follow-upHanna Mari Alanen
University of Tampere, Medical School, University of Tampere, Finland
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 21:288-95. 2006..To analyse the use of antipsychotic medications, change over time and associated factors in a three-year follow-up among elderly residents in long-term institutional care...
- Use of antipsychotics among nonagenarian residents in long-term institutional care in FinlandHanna Mari Alanen
University of Tampere Medical School, University of Tampere, FIN 33014 Tampere, Finland
Age Ageing 35:508-13. 2006..There is a paucity of information about the use of antipsychotic medication in long-term care, especially among the oldest-old residents...
- Use of antipsychotics in older home care patients in FinlandHanna Mari Alanen
Medical School, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Drugs Aging 25:335-42. 2008..To investigate the use of antipsychotic medications, and factors associated with such use, in elderly patients in home care in Finland...
- Use of antipsychotic medications in older home-care patients. Report from nine European countriesHanna Mari Alanen
University of Tampere, Medical School, FIN 33014 Tampere, Finland
Aging Clin Exp Res 20:260-5. 2008..Data on the use of antipsychotics among older people in need of regular home care services are rare. The aim of this study was to ascertain the differences in the use and type of antipsychotic medications between European home-care sites...
- Factors associated with non-use of antipsychotics among older residents with schizophrenia in long-term institutional careHanna Mari Alanen
Hatanpää Hospital Department of Psychogeriatrics, Tampere, Finland
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 23:1261-5. 2008..To investigate factors associated with non-use of antipsychotics among older schizophrenia residents in long-term institutional care...
- Acute Psychogeriatric Inpatient Treatment Improves Neuropsychiatric Symptoms but Impairs the Level of Functioning in Patients with DementiaHanna Mari Alanen
Neuropsychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 40:290-6. 2015..To explore the impact of hospitalization on neuropsychiatric symptoms (NPS) and the level of functioning in patients with dementia. Our aim was also to study the influence of psychotropic medications...
- One-year follow-up after discontinuing maintenance electroconvulsive therapyKaija Huuhka
Department of Psychiatry, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
J ECT 28:225-8. 2012..Continuation/maintenance (c/m) ECT is an option in maintaining remission, but systematic data and clinical guidelines are lacking. The point at which to discontinue this treatment has not been adequately established...