Affiliation: Tampere University Hospital
- Levosimendan in aortic valve surgery: cardiac performance and recoveryKati Järvelä
Heart Center, Pirkanmaa Hospital District, Tampere, Finland
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 22:693-8. 2008....
- Effects of hypertonic saline (7.5%) on extracellular fluid volumes in healthy volunteersK Järvelä
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Tampere University Hospital, PO Box 2000, 33521 Tampere, Finland
Anaesthesia 58:878-81. 2003..Plasma volume remained elevated by more than the infused volume at the end of the study. The increase in plasma and extracellular fluid volumes was partly achieved by mobilizing intracellular water to extracellular compartment...
- Pre-operative oral carbohydrate treatment before coronary artery bypass surgeryK Järvelä
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 52:793-7. 2008..overnight fasting on perioperative insulin requirements in non-diabetic patients undergoing elective coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) surgery...
- Hypertonic saline (7.5%) decreases perioperative weight gain following cardiac surgeryKati Järvelä
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 16:43-6. 2002..To compare the effects of 7.5% hypertonic saline (HS) and 0.9% normal saline (NS) on perioperative weight gain in cardiac surgical patients...
- Cystatin C in diabetics as a marker of mild renal insufficiency after CABGKati Järvelä
Heart Center, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 17:277-82. 2011..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the accuracy of plasma cystatin C in acute impairment in renal function; plasma cystatin C was compared to plasma creatinine in two hundred patients undergoing elective CABG surgery...
- Improved cognitive flexibility after aortic valve replacement surgeryJonne Liimatainen
Behavioral Neurology Research Unit, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland Department of Anesthesia, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland Medical School, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 23:630-6. 2016..e. executive functions, that are typically implicated in cognitive decline due to vascular origin...