Affiliation: National Public Health Institute
- TGF-beta induces the expression of SAP30L, a novel nuclear proteinKatri Lindfors
Paediatric Research Centre, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
BMC Genomics 4:53. 2003..The aim of this study was to identify novel genes whose products would play a role in this TGF-beta-induced differentiation...
- Differences in acute toxicity syndromes of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin and 1,2,3,4,7,8-hexachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin in ratsMarjo Niittynen
Department of Environmental Health, National Public Health Institute, PO Box 95, FI 70701 Kuopio, Finland
Toxicology 235:39-51. 2007....
- Effect of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) on heme oxygenase-1, biliverdin IXalpha reductase and delta-aminolevulinic acid synthetase 1 in rats with wild-type or variant AH receptorMarjo Niittynen
Department of Environmental Health, National Public Health Institute, Box 95, FI 70701 Kuopio, Finland
Toxicology 250:132-42. 2008..Other factors such as the late repression of BVRA found here and possibly oxidative stress may be important contributors to biliverdin accumulation in these rats...
- 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD)-induced accumulation of biliverdin and hepatic peliosis in ratsMarjo Niittynen
Department of Environmental Health, Laboratory of Toxicology, National Public Health Institute, Box 95, FIN 70701 Kuopio, Finland
Toxicol Sci 71:112-23. 2003....
- Immediate and highly sensitive aversion response to a novel food item linked to AH receptor stimulationSanna Lensu
Department of Environmental Health, National Institute for Health and Welfare THL, P O B 95, FI 70701 Kuopio, Finland
Toxicol Lett 203:252-7. 2011....
- 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) increases bilirubin formation but hampers quantitative hepatic conversion of biliverdin to bilirubin in rats with wild-type AH receptorMarjo Niittynen
Department of Environmental Health, National Institute for Health and Welfare, Kuopio, Finland
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 114:497-509. 2014..However, concurrently, TCDD seems to hamper the quantitative conversion of biliverdin to bilirubin in line B and L-E rats' liver. Biliverdin conjugates are most likely formed as secondary products of biliverdin...
- Building-related health impacts in European and Chinese cities: a scalable assessment methodJouni T Tuomisto
Department of Environmental Health, National Institute for Health and Welfare, P O Box 95, FI 70701, Kuopio, Finland
Environ Health 14:93. 2015..The assessed policies were replacement of peat with wood chips in co-generation of district heat and power, and improved energy efficiency of buildings achieved by renovations...
- Evaluation of various housekeeping genes for their applicability for normalization of mRNA expression in dioxin-treated ratsRaimo Pohjanvirta
Department of Food and Environmental Hygiene, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Chem Biol Interact 160:134-49. 2006..These findings show that normalization genes for qRT-PCR must be carefully validated in advance, especially if the study involves a potent modifier of gene expression...
- Risk-benefit analysis of eating farmed salmonJouni T Tuomisto
Science 305:476-7; author reply 476-7. 2004