Affiliation: National Public Health Institute
- A comparison of prospective and retrospective assessments of diet in a study of colorectal cancerN Malila
National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Nutr Cancer 32:146-53. 1998....
- European guidelines for quality assurance in colorectal cancer screening and diagnosis. First Edition--OrganisationN Malila
Finnish Cancer Registry, Helsinki, Finland
Endoscopy 44:SE31-48. 2012....
- Dietary and serum alpha-tocopherol, beta-carotene and retinol, and risk for colorectal cancer in male smokersN Malila
National Public Health Institute, Department of Epidemiology and Health Promotion, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Clin Nutr 56:615-21. 2002..To study the association between dietary and serum antioxidant vitamins and carotenoids and risk for colorectal cancer in male smokers...
- Implementation of colorectal cancer screening in Finland: experiences from the first three years of a public health programmeN Malila
Finnish Cancer Registry, Mass Screening Registry, Helsinki, Finland
Z Gastroenterol 46:S25-8. 2008..Colorectal cancer mortality can be reduced by repeated screening, using faecal occult blood testing. This report describes the implementation of service screening in Finland and performance indicators from the first three years...
- Age-related incidence of cervical cancer supports two aetiological components: a population-based register studyK Seppa
Finnish Cancer Registry, Institute for Statistical and Epidemiological Cancer Research, Helsinki, Finland
BJOG 123:772-8. 2016..To assess whether age-related incidence of cervical cancer supports two aetiological components and to assess trends in these components due to risk factors and to organised screening in Finland...
- Is the incidence of oral and pharyngeal cancer increasing in Finland? An epidemiological study of 17,383 cases in 1953-1999L Tarvainen
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Institute of Dentistry, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Oral Dis 10:167-72. 2004..The aim of this study was to describe the occurrence of oral and pharyngeal cancer in Finland over the last half century...