Affiliation: National Veterinary and Food Research Institute
- Phylogenetic analysis of avian paramyxovirus 1 strains isolated in FinlandA Huovilainen
National Veterinary and Food Research Institute, Department of Virology, Helsinki, Finland
Arch Virol 146:1775-85. 2001..These results also support the previously published view that wild waterfowl serve as a reservoir for the apathogenic or low-pathogenic strains, allowing them to evolve further into pathogenic strains...
- Canine distemper of vaccine origin in European mink, Mustela lutreola--a case reportC Ek-Kommonen
Department of Virology, National Veterinary and Food Research Institute, PO Box 45 Hämeentie 57, Helsinki 00581, Finland
Vet Microbiol 92:289-93. 2003..This is the first report in which molecular methods were used to confirm that the disease was caused by the vaccine strain. Based on our findings, it is clearly evident that current CD vaccines cannot be safely used in exotic species...
- Genetic heterogeneity of Russian, Estonian and Finnish field rabies virusesA E Metlin
Finnish Food Safety Authority, Evira, Helsinki, Finland
Arch Virol 152:1645-54. 2007....
- First encounter of European bat lyssavirus type 2 (EBLV-2) in a bat in FinlandM Jakava-Viljanen
Finnish Food Safety Authority Evira, Helsinki, Finland
Epidemiol Infect 138:1581-5. 2010..Phylogenetic analyses showed that the EBLV-2b isolate from the human case in 1985 and the isolate from the bat in 2009 were genetically closely related, demonstrating that EBLV-2 may have been circulating in Finland for many years...
- Monoclonal antibody characterization of rabies virus isolates from Russia, Finland and EstoniaA E Metlin
Federal Centre for Animal Health, Laboratory of Rabies and Prion Diseases, Yur evets, Vladimir, Russia, 600900
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 51:94-6. 2004..Two rabies virus isolates showed a different reaction pattern, suggesting the presence of a new antigenic variant. The results were compared with the data obtained by other research groups...
- Antigenic and molecular characterization of field and vaccine rabies virus strains in the Russian FederationA E Metlin
Federal Centre for Animal Health, Yur evets, Vladimir, Russia
Dev Biol (Basel) 125:33-7. 2006
- Characterization of Russian rabies virus vaccine strain RV-97A Metlin
Department of Animal Diseases and Food Safety Research, Virology, Mustialankatu 3, FI 00790 Helsinki, Finland
Virus Res 132:242-7. 2008..It also contains several unique amino acid changes in known immunodominant sites of G and P proteins...
- Finnish-Russian programme for the control of rabies (2005-2010)A E Metlin
Federal Governmental Institution Federal Centre forAnimal Health, Vladimir, Russia
Dev Biol (Basel) 131:233-8. 2008..The Finnish-Russian collaboration on rabies control began in 2000. This data summarizes the results of the scientific part of the programme, including rabies monitoring in Russia and the molecular epidemiological studies with field viruses...