Affiliation: Lapland Central Hospital
- Young male daily smokers are nicotine dependent and experience several unsuccessful quit attemptsTuula Toljamo
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Lapland Central Hospital, Rovaniemi, Finland
Scand J Prim Health Care 30:183-8. 2012..The present study aimed to investigate quitting attempts in a group of both young male daily and occasional smokers...
- Ageing and smoking contribute to plasma surfactant proteins and protease imbalance with correlations to airway obstructionHelen Ilumets
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary Medicine, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
BMC Pulm Med 11:19. 2011..However, the level of these proteins has not been examined during ageing or in young individuals with short smoking histories...
- Ageing and long-term smoking affects KL-6 levels in the lung, induced sputum and plasmaNobuhisa Ishikawa
Department of Medicine, Pulmonary Division, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
BMC Pulm Med 11:22. 2011..Additional aims of this study were to investigate whether the levels of KL-6 in plasma and sputum are related to ageing and smoking history...
- Clinical characteristics of COPD syndrome: A 6-year follow-up study of adult smokersTuula Toljamo
a Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Lapland Central Hospital, Rovaniemi, Finland
Ann Med 47:399-405. 2015..There is little quantitative information about the development of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) among adult smokers and of what happens to patients who have already developed COPD...
- Early detection of COPD combined with individualized counselling for smoking cessation: a two-year prospective studyTuula Toljamo
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Lapland Central Hospital, Rovaniemi, Finlan
Scand J Prim Health Care 28:41-6. 2010..Though the prevalence of COPD is related to the definition, even with this proviso COPD remains under-diagnosed. Screening can detect many new COPD cases, but its effects on smoking cessation remain unknown...