Affiliation: Kuopio University Hospital
- [Gastric bypass surgery as treatment for morbid obesity]Tarja Martikainen
KYS, kliinisen ravitsemuksen, yksikkoä, Kuopio
Duodecim 120:2333-9. 2004
- Long-term results, late complications and quality of life in a series of adjustable gastric bandingTarja Martikainen
Division of Clinical Nutrition, Kuopio University Hospital, University of Kuopio, Finland
Obes Surg 14:648-54. 2004..Adjustable gastric banding is currently the most common bariatric operation. This study is a retrospective analysis of the Finnish experience with this procedure over the last 10 years...
- Endothelial function is well preserved in obese patients with mild obstructive sleep apneaHenry Blomster
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Kuopio University Hospital, and University of Eastern Finland, P O Box 1777, 70211, Kuopio, Finland
Sleep Breath 18:177-86. 2014..The aim of our study was to evaluate whether overweight patients with mild OSA displayed endothelial dysfunction, and to assess the effect of 1-year lifestyle intervention with an early very low calorie diet in endothelial function...
- Sustained improvement in mild obstructive sleep apnea after a diet- and physical activity-based lifestyle intervention: postinterventional follow-upHenri Tuomilehto
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Otorhinolaryngology, Kuopio University Hospital, and University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio, Finland
Am J Clin Nutr 92:688-96. 2010..Weight-reduction programs have been observed to represent effective treatment of overweight patients with OSA. However, it is not known whether beneficial changes remain after the end of the intervention...
- Lifestyle intervention with weight reduction: first-line treatment in mild obstructive sleep apneaHenri P I Tuomilehto
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Kuopio, Kuopio University Hospital, P O Box 1777, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 179:320-7. 2009..Obesity is the most important risk factor for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). However, although included in clinical guidelines, no randomized controlled studies have been performed on the effects of weight reduction on mild OSA...