Anne P Vakkuri
Affiliation: Helsinki University Central Hospital
- Epileptiform EEG during sevoflurane mask induction: effect of delaying the onset of hyperventilationA Vakkuri
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Helsinki University Hospital, Finland
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 44:713-9. 2000..We tested the hypothesis that delaying onset of hyperventilation will prevent severe (periodic) epileptiform EEG and hyperdynamic response...
- Sevoflurane mask induction of anaesthesia is associated with epileptiform EEG in childrenA Vakkuri
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Surgical Hospital, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 45:805-11. 2001..We have found that this method is frequently associated with epileptiform electroencephalogram (EEG) in adults, especially if controlled hyperventilation is used...
- Time-frequency balanced spectral entropy as a measure of anesthetic drug effect in central nervous system during sevoflurane, propofol, and thiopental anesthesiaA Vakkuri
Department of Anesthesia, Surgical Hospital, Helsinki University Hospital, Kasarmikatu 11 13, PO Box 263, 00029 HUS, Helsinki, Finland
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 48:145-53. 2004..This study was performed to validate their performance during transition from consciousness to unconsciousness under different anesthetic agents...
- A rapid increase in the inspired concentration of desflurane is not associated with epileptiform encephalogramAnne P Vakkuri
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Helsinki University Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Anesth Analg 101:396-400, table of contents. 2005..A rapid increase in the concentration of S frequently induces epileptiform EEG during normoventilation. Tachycardia during increasing concentrations of D is not associated with epileptiform EEG...
- Allocation of tasks between anesthesiologists and anesthesia nurses in FinlandA Vakkuri
Department of Anesthesiology, Surgical Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 50:659-63. 2006..A national working group analyzed the results...
- Quantification of epileptiform electroencephalographic activity during sevoflurane mask inductionMika O K Särkelä
GE Healthcare Finland Oy, Helsinki, Finland
Anesthesiology 107:928-38. 2007..The authors developed a method for the quantification of epileptiform electroencephalographic activity during sevoflurane anesthesia...
- Hypothermia-treated cardiac arrest patients with good neurological outcome differ early in quantitative variables of EEG suppression and epileptiform activityJohanna E Wennervirta
Intensive Care Units, Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Helsinki University Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Crit Care Med 37:2427-35. 2009..To evaluate electroencephalogram-derived quantitative variables after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest...