Affiliation: Helsinki University Central Hospital
- CEA fluctuation during a single fluorouracil-based chemotherapy cycle for metastatic colorectal cancerKethe Hermunen
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, P O Box 180, FIN 00029 HUS, Finland
Anticancer Res 33:253-60. 2013..We studied weekly CEA during one fluorouracil-based chemotherapy cycle, correlated with long-term (8-12 week interval) computed tomography (CT) and CEA responses...
- A phase I study of raltitrexed (Tomudex) combined with carmofur in metastatic colorectal cancerP Osterlund
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Oncology 61:113-9. 2001..The aim of the study was to define the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of the combination of raltitrexed plus carmofur, and to evaluate the tolerability and efficacy of this combination in metastatic colorectal cancer...
- Hypertension and overall survival in metastatic colorectal cancer patients treated with bevacizumab-containing chemotherapyP Osterlund
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, P O Box 180, HUS Helsinki 00029, Finland
Br J Cancer 104:599-604. 2011..It may be a marker of VEGF signalling pathway inhibition and therefore represent a cancer biomarker in metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) patients treated with chemotherapy and bevacizumab...
- Lactobacillus supplementation for diarrhoea related to chemotherapy of colorectal cancer: a randomised studyP Osterlund
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, PO Box 180, 00029 HUS Helsinki, Finland
Br J Cancer 97:1028-34. 2007..We conclude that Lactobacillus GG supplementation is well tolerated and may reduce the frequency of severe diarrhoea and abdominal discomfort related to 5-FU-based chemotherapy...
- Lactose intolerance associated with adjuvant 5-fluorouracil-based chemotherapy for colorectal cancerPia Osterlund
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2:696-703. 2004..Bowel mucosal injury associated with 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) treatment might result in secondary lactose intolerance. The frequency and clinical significance of 5-FU-related hypolactasia are unknown...
- Raltitrexed treatment promotes systemic inflammatory reaction in patients with colorectal carcinomaP Osterlund
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Haartmaninkatu 4, FIN 00029 Helsinki, Finland
Br J Cancer 87:591-9. 2002..These findings suggest that colorectal cancer patients treated with raltitrexed may develop drug-related systemic inflammation, which may be difficult to discriminate from infection...
- Surgery combined with oncological treatments in liver metastases from colorectal cancerH Isoniemi
Transplantation and Liver Surgery Clinic, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Scand J Surg 100:35-41. 2011..Multidisciplinary management of metastatic colorectal cancer has increased the number of patients with potentially curative treatment and has improved patient survival...
- Association of adverse events and survival in colorectal cancer patients treated with adjuvant 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin: Is efficacy an impact of toxicity?L M Soveri
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland Electronic address
Eur J Cancer 50:2966-74. 2014....
- Deoxycholic acid induced changes in electrophysiological parameters and macromolecular permeability in murine small intestine with and without functional enteric nervous system plexusesR A Forsgård
Institute of Biomedicine, Pharmacology, Medical Nutrition Physiology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Neurogastroenterol Motil 26:1179-87. 2014..The aim of this study was to investigate whether these changes are mediated by the enteric nervous system (ENS)...
- Does preoperative radiotherapy with postoperative chemotherapy increase acute side-effects and postoperative complications of total mesorectal excision? Report of the randomized Finnish rectal cancer trialS Salmenkylä
Department of Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Scand J Surg 101:275-82. 2012..The primary endpoint was overall survival. The secondary endpoints published herein were the incidence of postoperative complications and adverse events with perioperative adjuvant therapy...
- Temporal trends in the proportion cured for cancer of the colon and rectum: a population-based study using data from the Finnish Cancer RegistryPaul C Lambert
Department of Health Sciences, Centre for Biostatistics and Genetic Epidemiology, University of Leicester, Leicester, United Kingdom, and Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Int J Cancer 121:2052-9. 2007..The reasons for these impressive increases in patient survival are complex, but are highly likely to be strongly related to many improvements in cancer care over this same time period...