Jyrki P Mäkelä
Affiliation: Helsinki University of Technology
- Dorsal penile nerve stimulation elicits left-hemisphere dominant activation in the second somatosensory cortexJ P Makela
Brain Research Unit, Low Temperature Laboratory, Helsinki University of Technology, Espoo, Finland
Hum Brain Mapp 18:90-9. 2003..In addition to tactile processing, SII could also contribute to mediating emotional effects of DPN stimuli...
- Arnold-Chiari malformation type I in military conscripts: symptoms and effects on service fitnessJyrki P Mäkelä
Central Military Hospital, P O Box 50 FIN 00301 Helsinki, Finland
Mil Med 171:174-6. 2006..It is important to detect Chiari I in military personnel to establish appropriate service fitness and safety for these patients...
- Activation in parietal operculum parallels motor recovery in strokeNina Forss
Brain Research Unit, Low Temperature Laboratory, Aalto University, Espoo, Finland
Hum Brain Mapp 33:534-41. 2012..Activation strength of the PO paralleled motor recovery after stroke, suggesting that the PO area is an important hub in mediating modulatory afferent input to motor cortex...
- Alterations in spontaneous brain oscillations during stroke recoveryKristina Laaksonen
Brain Research Unit, O V Lounasmaa Laboratory and MEG Core, Aalto NeuroImaging, Aalto University, Aalto, Espoo, Finland
PLoS ONE 8:e61146. 2013..Our results indicate that temporo-parietal ≈ 10-Hz oscillations are enhanced in the AH during recovery from stroke. Moreover, stroke causes ALFMA, which seems to persist in patients with worse clinical outcome...
- Effect of afferent input on motor cortex excitability during stroke recoveryKristina Laaksonen
Brain Research Unit, O V Lounasmaa Laboratory, School of Science, Aalto University, FI 00076 Aalto, Espoo, Finland
Clin Neurophysiol 123:2429-36. 2012..We aimed to clarify - in a longitudinal study - how afferent input affects motor cortex excitability after stroke and how it is associated with recovery of hand function...
- Sources of auditory brainstem responses revisited: contribution by magnetoencephalographyLauri Parkkonen
Brain Research Unit, Low Temperature Laboratory, Helsinki University of Technology, Finland
Hum Brain Mapp 30:1772-82. 2009..The locations of the neural sources corresponding to the magnetic ABR deflections ranged from the auditory nerve to the inferior colliculus. The earliest cortical responses were detectable at the latency of 13 ms...
- An Internet-Based Real-Time Audiovisual Link for Dual MEG RecordingsAndrey Zhdanov
Department of Neuroscience and Biomedical Engineering, Aalto University School of Science, Espoo, Finland MEG Core, Aalto NeuroImaging, Aalto University, Espoo, Finland BioMag Laboratory, HUS Medical Imaging Center, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
PLoS ONE 10:e0128485. 2015....
- Quantifying the contribution of video in combined video-magnetoencephalographic ictal recordings of epilepsy patientsAndrey Zhdanov
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Computational Science, Aalto University School of Science, P O Box 12200, FI 00076 Aalto, Espoo, Finland
Epilepsy Res 105:405-9. 2013..Ictal MEG is recorded in some epilepsy surgery centers. However, a wider adoption of ictal MEG is hampered by lack of tools for synchronized video-MEG recording similar to those of video-EEG...
- Myotonias and army personnel: symptoms and effects on service fitnessJyrki P Mäkelä
Central Military Hospital, P O Box 50, FIN 00301 Helsinki, Finland
Mil Med 170:806-9. 2005..The awareness of military surgeons regarding the possibility of myotonia is necessary to provide a correct diagnosis and to establish the service fitness of these patients...
- Reorganization of the primary somatosensory cortex during stroke recoveryKristina Roiha
Brain Research Unit, Low Temperature Laboratory, Aalto University, FI 02015 Aalto, Espoo, Finland
Clin Neurophysiol 122:339-45. 2011..Animal and human studies have indicated that stroke induces reorganization of the motor and somatosensory cortices. We aimed to clarify how changes in the primary somatosensory (SI) cortex correlate with stroke recovery...
- Hybrid ultra-low-field MRI and magnetoencephalography system based on a commercial whole-head neuromagnetometerPanu T Vesanen
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Computational Science, Aalto University School of Science, Espoo, Finland
Magn Reson Med 69:1795-804. 2013..The performance of the device is demonstrated by presenting ultra-low-field-MR images and MEG recordings that are compared with data obtained with a 3T scanner and a commercial MEG device...
- Human cortical representation of virtual auditory space: differences between sound azimuth and elevationNobuya Fujiki
Brain Research Unit, Low Temperature Laboratory, Helsinki University of Technology, FIN 02015 HUT, Espoo, Finland
Eur J Neurosci 16:2207-13. 2002..The binaural interaural time and interaural intensity difference cues were processed in the auditory cortex around 100-150 ms and the monaural spectral cues later around 200-250 ms...