Affiliation: Helsinki University Central Hospital
- The outcome of patients with right atrial isomerism is poorMarianne P Eronen
Department of Health, The Social Insurance Institution of Finland, Hoylaamontie 1 aB PL 78, 00380 Helsinki, Finland
Pediatr Cardiol 34:302-7. 2013..The prognosis remains poor despite modern surgical techniques. When RAI is identified during pregnancy, prenatal counseling, termination, or planning for prompt cardiac treatment after the birth is necessary...
- Relationship of maternal autoimmune response to clinical manifestations in children with congenital complete heart blockM Eronen
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University Hospital of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Acta Paediatr 93:803-9. 2004..To study the autoimmune response in mothers of children with congenital heart block (CHB) diagnosed at different ages and with different clinical manifestations...
- Right atrial isomerism in four siblingsM Eronen
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, The Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Helsinki, Finland
Pediatr Cardiol 25:141-4. 2004..The occurrence of RAI in male and female siblings without any indication of left-right axis abnormalities in their parents suggests autosomal recessive inheritance of human isomerism...
- Cardiovascular manifestations in 75 patients with Williams syndromeM Eronen
The Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Division of Paediatric Cardiology, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Med Genet 39:554-8. 2002..7 years)...
- Congenital complete heart block in the fetus: hemodynamic features, antenatal treatment, and outcome in six casesM Eronen
The Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Helsinki University Hospital, Stenbackinkatu 11, 00290 Helsinki, Finland
Pediatr Cardiol 22:385-92. 2001..Regular echocardiographic monitoring during pregnancy and after delivery is required in order to optimize care and timing of any interventions...
- Short- and long-term outcome of children with congenital complete heart block diagnosed in utero or as a newbornM Eronen
Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Helsinki University Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Pediatrics 106:86-91. 2000....
- The effects of indomethacin and a beta-sympathomimetic agent on the fetal ductus arteriosus during treatment of premature labor: a randomized double-blind studyM Eronen
Children s Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Obstet Gynecol 164:141-6. 1991..We recommend echocardiographic surveillance of fetal hemodynamics when prostaglandin synthesis inhibitors are used in the treatment of spontaneous preterm labor...
- Increased incidence of bronchopulmonary dysplasia after antenatal administration of indomethacin to prevent preterm laborM Eronen
Children s Hospital, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Pediatr 124:782-8. 1994..We infer that administration of indomethacin to pregnant women threatened with premature labor is associated with an increased risk of bronchopulmonary dysplasia in their infants if delivery occurs early...
- Fatal outcome of two siblings with idiopathic arterial calcification of infancy diagnosed in uteroM Eronen
The Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Helsinki, Finland
Pediatr Cardiol 22:167-9. 2001..Because of an autosomal recessive inheritance pattern of IACI, fetal echocardiography is recommended in future pregnancies of all affected families...
- Fetal nuchal translucency and normal chromosomes: a long-term follow-up studyA Hiippala
Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Helsinki, Finland
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 18:18-22. 2001..To assess the impact of increased nuchal translucency observed during early pregnancy on the subsequent health of children with normal chromosomes, with special attention to cardiac anatomy and function...
- The hemodynamic effects of antenatal indomethacin and a beta-sympathomimetic agent on the fetus and the newborn: a randomized studyM Eronen
Children s Hospital, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Pediatr Res 33:615-9. 1993..02, p = 0.93). In infants born at or before 35 wk gestation, incidences of both spontaneous closure and indomethacin-induced closure of ductus were similar in both study groups (p > 0.1).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Absent aortic and dysplastic pulmonary valves associated with ventricular septal defect in fetal hydropsM Eronen
The Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Division of Pediatric Cardiology and HUCH, Laboratory Diagnostics, Division of Pathology, University Hospital of Helsinki, Finland
Pediatr Cardiol 24:400-2. 2003..Death followed withdrawal of support 4 hours after delivery. Autopsy revealed absent aortic valve cusps, dysplastic pulmonary valve, and a large ventricular septal defect...
- High amniotic fluid erythropoietin levels are associated with an increased frequency of fetal and neonatal morbidity in type 1 diabetic pregnanciesK Teramo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Diabetologia 47:1695-703. 2004..In this study we investigated whether chronic fetal hypoxia, as indicated by amniotic fluid erythropoietin levels, is associated with perinatal morbidity in type 1 diabetic pregnancies...
- Cohen syndrome: evaluation of its cardiac, endocrine and radiological featuresS Kivitie-Kallio
Department of Child Neurology, University of Helsinki, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Finland
Clin Genet 56:41-50. 1999..Fingers of these patients were slender but short with a characteristic metacarpophalangeal pattern profile...
- Long-term outcome of children with complete heart block diagnosed after the newborn periodM Eronen
Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Helsinki University Hospital, Finland
Pediatr Cardiol 22:133-7. 2001..Pacemaker application was indicated in most children. The possibility of an associated heart defect or dilated cardiomyopathy indicates regular echocardiographic monitoring in all children and young adults with CHB...
- Growth and development until 18 months of children exposed to tocolytics indomethacin or nylidrinT Salokorpi
Department of Paediatric Neurology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Neuropediatrics 27:174-7. 1996..It was concluded that the higher incidence of poor outcome and a lest favourable neurological development in the indomethacin group do not support indomethacin's position as the drug of choice for tocolysis...
- Long-term outcome of mothers of children with isolated heart block in FinlandH Julkunen
Department of Internal Medicine, Peijas Hospital, Vantaa, Finland
Arthritis Rheum 44:647-52. 2001..Mothers of children with isolated heart block detected after the newborn period do not, as a group, have clinical features suggestive of autoimmune diseases...