Affiliation: Finnish Institute of Occupational Health
- Preventing occupational stress in healthcare workersJani H Ruotsalainen
Cochrane Occupational Safety and Health Review Group, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, PO Box 310, Kuopio, 70101, Finland
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 12:CD002892. 2014..which may lead to distress, burnout and psychosomatic problems, and deterioration in quality of life and service provision...
- Evidence on the effectiveness of occupational health interventionsJani H Ruotsalainen
Cochrane Occupational Health Field, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Kuopio, Finland
Am J Ind Med 49:865-72. 2006..At present there exists no overview of the range of evidence currently available regarding the effectiveness of occupational health interventions (OHI)...
- Systematic review of the treatment of functional dysphonia and prevention of voice disordersJani Ruotsalainen
Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Cochrane Occupational Health Field, Kuopio, Finland
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 138:557-65. 2008..To evaluate the effectiveness of interventions for treating functional dysphonia or preventing voice disorders in adults...
- Systematic review of interventions for reducing occupational stress in health care workersJani Ruotsalainen
Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Cochrane Occupational Health Field, Neulaniementie 4, PO Box 93, FI 70701 Kuopio, Finland
Scand J Work Environ Health 34:169-78. 2008..This study evaluated the effectiveness of interventions in reducing stress at work among health care workers...
- Inclusion of nonrandomized studies in Cochrane systematic reviews was found to be in need of improvementSharea Ijaz
Cochrane OSH Review Group, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, PO Box 301, 70701 Kuopio, Finland
J Clin Epidemiol 67:645-53. 2014..However, these are included in Cochrane reviews, despite discouragement. There has been no evaluation of when and how these designs are used. Therefore, we conducted an overview of current practice...
- Synthesizing study results in a systematic reviewJos Verbeek
Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Cochrane Occupational Safety and Health Review Group, Kuopio, Finland
Scand J Work Environ Health 38:282-90. 2012..In its original form, the review showed strong evidence of no effect, but our re-analysis concluded there is evidence of an effect. We provide a flow-chart to guide authors through the synthesis and assessment process...
- Pharmacological interventions for sleepiness and sleep disturbances caused by shift workJuha Liira
Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
JAMA 313:961-2. 2015..Are pharmacological interventions associated with better-quality sleep and alertness in shift workers?..