- Contraindications of sentinel lymph node biopsy: are there any really?
George M Filippakis
General Surgery Unit, Breast and Endocrine Department, St, Mary s Hospital, NHS Trust London W2 1NY, UK
World J Surg Oncol 5:10. 2007
..However, like all surgical procedures, the sentinel lymph node biopsy is not appropriate for each and every patient...
- Spontaneous regression of rectal polyps following abdominal colectomy and ileorectal anastomosis for familial adenomatous polyposis, without sulindac treatment: report of four cases
G M Filippakis
Surgical Department A, Hippocration General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Endoscopy 39:665-8. 2007
..We present the cases of four patients with FAP treated by colectomy and ileorectal anastomosis, who had immediate, complete spontaneous regression of multiple polyps in the rectal stump, with no further need for sulindac treatment...
- Immunohistochemical expression of sex steroid hormone receptors, cell cycle regulators and angiogenesis factors in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms: an explorative study
3rd Surgical Clinic of George Gennimatas General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Anticancer Res 35:1049-56. 2015
- Modified radical mastectomy with axillary dissection using the electrothermal bipolar vessel sealing system
First Department of Propaedeutic Surgery, Hippokrateion Hospital, Athens Medical School, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Arch Surg 143:575-80; discussion 581. 2008
..The use of the electrothermal bipolar vessel sealing system is feasible, safe, and effective in modified radical mastectomy with axillary dissection in terms of lymph vessel sealing, hemostasis, and perioperative complications...
- Psychiatric disorder associated with vacuum-assisted breast biopsy clip placement: a case report
George C Zografos
Breast Unit, Department of Propaedeutic Surgery, Hippokratio Hospital, School of Medicine, University of Athens, Vas Sofias Avenue, Athens, Greece
J Med Case Rep 2:332. 2008
..Clip placement at the biopsy site is standard practice after vacuum-assisted breast biopsy...
- Sutureless open low anterior resection with total mesorectal excision for rectal cancer with the use of the electrothermal bipolar vessel sealing system
1st Department of Propedeutic Surgery, Hippocrateion Hospital, Athens Medical School, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Med Sci Monit 13:CR224-30. 2007
..An additional aim was to describe and standardize this operative technique...
- Cyclin D1, p16(INK) (4A) and p27(Kip1) in pancreatic adenocarcinoma: assessing prognostic implications through quantitative image analysis
3rd Surgical Clinic of George Gennimatas General Hospital, Mesogeion Ave 154, Athens, 156 69, Greece
APMIS 122:1230-9. 2014
..Further validation of the present findings in studies encompassing larger samples seems to be needed...