- Family income and the impact of a children's health insurance program on reported need for health services and unmet health need
Department of Maternal and Child Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatrics 109:E29. 2002
..This study investigated how the likely impact of child health insurance expansions varies with family income...
- Language proficiency and the enrollment of Medicaid-eligible children in publicly funded health insurance programs
Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Matern Child Health J 6:5-18. 2002
..The purpose of the study was to examine the effect of language proficiency on enrollment in a state-sponsored child health insurance program...
- Avoidance as an obstacle to preventing depression among urban women at high risk for violent trauma
Department of Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Arch Womens Ment Health 19:63-70. 2016
..Further research is warranted to explore the hypothesis that psychological avoidance could explain why certain depression treatment and prevention strategies break down in the presence of trauma...
- Using Clinical Data to Predict Accurate ADHD Diagnoses Among Urban Children
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 55:326-32. 2016
..Supplementing parent symptom reports with clinical data may be a viable alternative in certain cases when teacher reports are unavailable. ..
- Patient Navigation for Mothers with Depression who Have Children in Head Start: A Pilot Study
A Department of Pediatrics, Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Soc Work Public Health 31:504-10. 2016
..26%, 95% CI [1, 56]); and reported having a "depression care provider" (80% vs. 41%, 95% CI [9, 65]). Community-based navigation appears feasible; however, more definitive testing is necessary. ..
- The impact of race on participation in part C early intervention services
From the Department of Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA Departments of Community Health Sciences and Biostatistics, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 32:284-91. 2011
..To quantify racial differences in receipt of early intervention (EI) services among children ages birth to 3 years...
- Improving maternal mental health after a child's diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder: results from a randomized clinical trial
Department of Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts2Department of Community Health Sciences, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts
JAMA Pediatr 168:40-6. 2014
- Maternal depressive symptoms and participation in early intervention services for young children
Department of Community Health Sciences, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Matern Child Health J 16:336-45. 2012
..Depressive symptoms in mothers of children eligible to receive EI services did not appear to limit participation. EI programs may be an appropriate setting in which to address maternal depressive symptoms...