- Do all non-calcified echogenic renal lesions found on ultrasound need further evaluation with CT?
Radiology Department, St James s Hospital, James s Street, Dublin 8, Dublin, Ireland
Abdom Imaging 33:44-7. 2008
..This is a study using Evidence Based Practice (EBP) technique to evaluate if non-calcified renal lesions detected with ultrasound, suspected to represent an angiomyolipoma (AML), need a CT to rule out a renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Transcatheter arterial embolization of spontaneous life-threatening extraperitoneal hemorrhage
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 22:1396-402. 2011
..To determine the outcomes of patients with spontaneous extraperitoneal hemorrhage (SEH) referred for endovascular therapy...
- Improved detection of subendocardial hyperenhancement in myocardial infarction using dark blood-pool delayed enhancement MRI
Department of Radiology, Cardiovascular Imaging Section, Northwestern University, 737 N Michigan Ave, Ste 1600, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 196:339-48. 2011
- Low dose dual-source CT angiography of the thoracic aorta
Department of Radiology, Cardiovascular Imaging Section, Northwestern University, 737 N Michigan Ave Ste 1600, Chicago, IL, 60611, USA
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 27:1025-34. 2011
..79). High quality low dose CTTA is clinically achievable, in patients with a BMI less than 30 and a heart rate less than 100 bpm, using a prospective ECG-gated, low kilovoltage, low mAs technique...
- Imaging of soft tissues adjacent to orthopedic hardware: comparison of 3-T and 1.5-T MRI
Department of Radiology, Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital, Finglas, Dublin 11, Republic of Ireland
AJR Am J Roentgenol 194:W60-4. 2010
..The purpose of this study was to compare metal artifact reduction techniques at 1.5-T and 3-T MRI...
- ECG-gated multiecho Dixon fat-water separation in cardiac MRI: advantages over conventional fat-saturated imaging
Department of Radiology, Cardiovascular Imaging Section, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 737 N Michigan Ave, Ste 1600, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 199:W74-83. 2012
..The purpose of this pictorial essay is to explore the advantages of multiecho Dixon fat-water separation techniques in cardiac MRI. The clinical indications, potential artifacts, and imaging findings with this technique are reviewed...
- Chest radiograph-based algorithm for managing malfunctioning ports
Division of Interventional Radiology, Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, 1 Silverstein, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 24:1337-42. 2013
..To evaluate a chest x-ray-based algorithm for managing malfunctioning ports...
- Cisplatin and gemcitabine in the management of metastatic penile cancer
Derek G Power
Department of Medical Oncology, St James s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Urol Oncol 27:187-90. 2009
..Our experience demonstrates that this is a well tolerated regimen active in this setting...
- Technical considerations for lower limb multidetector computed tomographic angiography
Aoife N Keeling
Department of Radiology, Division of Cardiovascular Imaging, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Vasc Med 16:131-43. 2011
- Translumbar hemodialysis catheters in patients with limited central venous access: does patient size matter?
Gregory J Nadolski
Division of Interventional Radiology, Department of Radiology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 24:997-1002. 2013
..To describe a single institutional experience with translumbar tunneled dialysis catheters (TDC) and compare outcomes between patients with normal and abnormal body mass index (BMI)...