- Mentally-ill patients charged with homicide
Department of Psychiatry, P G M I Lady Reading Hospital, Peshawar
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 13:223-5. 2003
..To describe the clinical, social and demographic features of mentally ill patients charged with homicide...
- Fixed dose-combination products in psychiatry: Systematic review and meta-analysis
Department of Psychiatry, Post Graduate Medical Institute, Peshawar, Pakistan Staffordshire University, Stoke on Trent, UK
J Psychopharmacol 29:556-64. 2015
..The evidence in general medicine suggests that combination products can offer significant advantage in improving efficacy and treatment adherence; but in psychiatry, research and development in fixed-dose combinations has been limited. ..
- Is acute and transient psychotic disorder (ATPD) mini schizophrenia? The evidence from phenomenology and epidemiology
Staffordshire University, Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, Wolverhampton, UK
Psychiatr Danub 24:S311-5. 2012
..I will review the epidemiology and phenomenology of acute and transient psychotic disorder, the current gaps in knowledge and its effects on our clinical practice in the light of systematic review of the evidence...
- Schizophrenia medication adherence in a resource-poor setting: randomised controlled trial of supervised treatment in out-patients for schizophrenia (STOPS)
Centre for Ageing and Mental Health, Staffordshire University and Department of Psychiatry, Postgraduate Medical Institute, Lady Reading Hospital, Peshawar, Pakistan
Br J Psychiatry 199:467-72. 2011
..Most people with schizophrenia in low- and middle-income (LAMI) countries receive minimal formal care, and there are high rates of non-adherence to medication...
- The relationship between the duration of untreated psychosis and outcome in low-and-middle income countries: a systematic review and meta analysis
MCPS, FCPS, Department of Psychiatry, Post Graduate Medical Institute, Lady Reading Hospital, Peshawar, Pakistan
Schizophr Res 109:15-23. 2009
..It is not known if longer DUP is associated with poor outcomes in Low and Middle Income (LAMI) countries, where schizophrenia might have a more benign course...
- Recognition of systematic reviews is vital for scientific and clinical practice
Department of Psychiatry, Postgraduate Medical Institute, Khyber Medical University, Peshawar
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 18:460-2. 2008
- The attitude and perception of hospital doctors about the management of psychiatric disorders
Department of Psychiatry, Lady Reading Hospital, Peshawar, Pakistan
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 15:552-5. 2005
..To determine perception and the attitude of non-psychiatric doctors about psychiatric problems working in a tertiary care hospital...
- Effect of fasting during Ramadan on serum lithium level and mental state in bipolar affective disorder
Department of Psychiatry, Postgraduate Medical Institute, Lady Reading Hospital, Peshawar, Pakistan
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 25:323-7. 2010
- Five year follow up of 100 heroin addicts in Peshawar
Khalid A Mufti
Horizon, EE32 Nishterabad, Peshawer, Pakistan
J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 16:5-9. 2004
..This paper describes five years follow up of heroin addicts from Peshawar, Pakistan, after an extended period of in patient detoxification...
- Cannabis abuse in patients with schizophrenia: pattern and effects on symptomatology
Inayat Ur Rehman
Department of Provincial Health, PGMI and Lady Reading Hospital, Peshawar
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 17:158-61. 2007
..To determine the relationship between cannabis abuse and its impact on the short-term outcome and severity of illness...
- Sociodemographic features, affective symptoms and family functioning in hospitalized patients with dissociative disorder (convulsion type)
Psychiatry Unit, Lady Reading Hospital, Peshawar
J Pak Med Assoc 57:23-6. 2007
..To study the sociodemographic features, co-morbid anxiety and depression and family functioning in patients admitted with dissociative disorder to a tertiary care hospital in Peshawar, Pakistan...
- Schizophrenia and comorbid self reported cannabis abuse: impact on course, functioning and services use
Inayat Ur Rehman
Department of Psychiatry, Lady Reading Hospital, Peshawar
J Pak Med Assoc 57:60-4. 2007
..To examine the impact of cannabis abuse on the short term outcome in terms of relapses, use of services, compliance and functioning in patients with schizophrenia...
- High failure rate in postgraduate medical examinations--sign of a widespread disease?
Department of Psychiatry, Postgraduate Medical Institute, Lady Reading Hospital, Peshawar
J Pak Med Assoc 55:214-7. 2005
- What is the best approach to treating schizophrenia in developing countries?
International Mental Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Med 4:e159. 2007
- Mental health research agenda for the 2005 earthquake in Pakistan
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 16:85-6. 2006
- Needed a research agenda
J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 15:1-2. 2003
- Collaborated basic bio-medical research
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 16:499-500. 2006