Affiliation: Faculty of Medicine
- Targeted therapies in gastric cancer treatment: where we are and where we are goingGianluca Tomasello
Oncology Division, Azienda Socio Sanitaria Territoriale di Cremona, Ospedale di Cremona, Viale Concordia 1, 26100, Cremona, Italy
Invest New Drugs 34:378-93. 2016..These include drugs targeting EGFR, angiogenesis, c-MET, FGFR2, mTOR and immune checkpoints. ..
- Efficacy and tolerability of chemotherapy with modified dose-dense TCF regimen (TCF-dd) in locally advanced or metastatic gastric cancer: final results of a phase II trialGianluca Tomasello
Medical Oncology Division, Azienda Istituti Ospitalieri di Cremona, Viale Concordia 1, 26100, Cremona, Italy
Gastric Cancer 17:711-7. 2014..We report here the final results of a phase II study of chemotherapy with a modified TCF-dd regimen in locally advanced or metastatic gastric cancer (MGC)...
- Brain metastases in HER2-positive breast cancer: the evolving role of lapatinibGianluca Tomasello
Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 121 Boulevard de Waterloo, 1000, Brussels, Belgium
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 75:110-21. 2010..This article reviews the epidemiology, current treatment options and recent advances in the field, with a focus on HER2-positive disease and the emerging role of lapatinib for the treatment and prevention of brain metastases...
- Dose-dense chemotherapy in metastatic gastric cancer with a modified docetaxel-cisplatin-5-fluorouracil regimenGianluca Tomasello
Medical Oncology Division, Azienda Istituti Ospitalieri di Cremona, Italy
Tumori 96:48-53. 2010....
- Sequential chemotherapy with dose-dense docetaxel, cisplatin, folinic acid and 5-fluorouracil (TCF-dd) followed by combination of oxaliplatin, folinic acid, 5-fluorouracil and irinotecan (COFFI) in metastatic gastric cancer: results of a phase II trialMatteo Dalla Chiesa
Departments of Medical Oncology and Biostatistics, Azienda Ospedaliera di Cremona, Cremona, Italy
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 67:41-8. 2011..To evaluate a new strategy of two sequential, intensified chemotherapy regimens in metastatic gastric cancer...
- A pilot phase II study of chemotherapy with oxaliplatin, folinic acid, 5-fluorouracil and irinotecan in metastatic gastric cancerMatteo Dalla Chiesa
Medical Oncology, 2Surgery Division, Azienda Istituti Ospitalieri di Cremona, Cremona, Italy
Tumori 93:244-7. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate chemotherapy with oxaliplatin, folinic acid, 5-fluorouracil and irinotecan (COFFI regimen) in metastatic gastric cancer...
- Safety and efficacy of dose-dense chemotherapy with TCF regimen in elderly patients with locally advanced or metastatic gastric cancerWanda Liguigli
Medical Oncology Division, Azienda Istituti Ospitalieri di Cremona, Cremona Italy
Tumori . 2016..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of dose-dense TCF in elderly (≥65 years) compared to younger patients...
- Phase III, randomised, multicentre trial of maintenance immunotherapy with low-dose interleukin-2 and interferon-alpha for metastatic renal cell cancerRodolfo Passalacqua
Divisione di Medicina e Oncologia Medica, Azienda Istituti Ospitalieri di Cremona, Viale Concordia 1, 26100 Cremona, Italy
Cancer Immunol Immunother 59:553-61. 2010..88; 95% CI 0.60-1.31; p = 0.54). Toxicity was mainly limited to WHO grades 1 or 2. Chronic maintenance immunotherapy after disease progression is feasible, but does not significantly increase OS or the TFPTD...
- Oxaliplatin-induced hemolytic anemia during adjuvant treatment of a patient with colon cancer: a case reportSebastiano Buti
Oncology Division, University of Parma, Medical School, Parma, Italy
Anticancer Drugs 18:297-300. 2007..To the best of our knowledge, only seven other cases have been described in the literature, but we believe this serious adverse event induced by oxaliplatin is more frequent than this would suggest...
- Tamoxifen vs Tamoxifen plus 13-cis-retinoic acid vs Tamoxifen plus Interferon alpha-2a as first-line endocrine treatments in advanced breast cancer: updated results of a phase II, prospective, randomised multicentre trialMatteo Dalla Chiesa
Oncology Division, Hospital of Cremona, Cremona, Italy
Acta Biomed 78:204-9. 2007..To demonstrate the efficacy of 13-cis-retinoic acid (RA) or Interferon alpha-2a (IFN alpha-2a) with Tamoxifen (TAM) in the treatment of advanced breast cancer...
- Ramucirumab for metastatic gastric or gastroesophageal junction cancer: results and implications of the REGARD trialWanda Liguigli
Oncology Division, Istituti Ospitalieri di Cremona, Cremona, Italy
Future Oncol 10:1549-57. 2014..This article will review the main findings of the REGARD trial and discuss their potential impact on future treatment of metastatic gastric cancer. ..
- Jumping higher: is it still possible? The ALTTO trial challengeGianluca Tomasello
Institute Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 121 Boulevard de Waterloo, 1000, Brussels, Belgium
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 8:1883-90. 2008..Overall, 8000 patients will be enrolled worldwide...
- Emerging combination therapies to overcome resistance in EGFR-driven tumorsMargherita Ratti
Medical Oncology Unit, Azienda Istituti Ospitalieri di Cremona, Cremona, Italy
Anticancer Drugs 25:127-39. 2014..Here, we describe some of the mechanisms of resistance to EGFR inhibitors and review the main innovations attempting to overcome these drawbacks. ..
- New developments in the treatment of chemotherapy-induced neutropenia: focus on balugrastimMichele Ghidini
Medical Department, Division of Oncology, ASST di Cremona, Ospedale di Cremona, Cremona, Italy
Ther Clin Risk Manag 12:1009-15. 2016..Balugrastim was well tolerated, with the only related adverse event being mild to moderate bone pain. The aim of this review is to summarize the currently available literature data on balugrastim. ..
- Immunotherapy options in metastatic renal cell cancer: where we are and where we are goingRodolfo Passalacqua
Istituti Ospitalieri, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology Division, Viale Concordia 1, 26100, Cremona, Italy
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 6:1459-72. 2006..Future research will not only need to make every effort to optimize the use of the new molecules and to define their efficacy precisely, but also to consider how to integrate these drugs with the traditional immunotherapy...
- Modified schedules of DCF chemotherapy for advanced gastric cancer: a systematic review of efficacy and toxicityFausto Petrelli
aOncology Unit, Department of Oncology, ASST Bergamo Ovest, Treviglio BG bOncology Unit, Department of Oncology, ASST Ospedale di Cremona, Cremona, Italy
Anticancer Drugs 28:133-141. 2017..By providing a 50% ORR, such regimens may be particularly indicated for younger and fit patients for cytoreductive purposes (conversion therapy) or in case of symptomatic tumor burden...
- Lipegfilgrastim for the prophylaxis and treatment of chemotherapy-induced neutropeniaMargherita Ratti
Oncology Division, Istituti Ospitalieri di Cremona, Viale Concordia 1, 26100 Cremona, Italy
Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol 8:15-24. 2015..In fact, similar to pegfilgrastim, it has been demonstrated to reduce the duration of neutropenia and the occurrence of FN during chemotherapy safely. ..