Affiliation: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- HIV lipodystrophy: prevalence, severity and correlates of risk in AustraliaJ Miller
The National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
HIV Med 4:293-301. 2003..To establish the prevalence, severity and factors associated with the HIV lipodystrophy syndrome...
- A syndrome of lipoatrophy, lactic acidaemia and liver dysfunction associated with HIV nucleoside analogue therapy: contribution to protease inhibitor-related lipodystrophy syndromeA Carr
HIV, Immunology and Infectious Diseases Clinical Services Unit, St Vincent s Hospital, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
AIDS 14:F25-32. 2000....
- Osteopenia in HIV-infected men: association with asymptomatic lactic acidemia and lower weight pre-antiretroviral therapyA Carr
HIV, Immunology and Infectious Diseases Clinical Services Unit, St Vincent s Hospital, Sydney, Australia
AIDS 15:703-9. 2001..Osteopenia has been associated with antiretroviral therapy, particularly with protease inhibitors. Osteopenia in HIV-uninfected men is associated with mitochondrial defects...
- The effects of age, death period and birth cohort on asthma mortality rates in AustraliaC J Dobbin
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 8:1429-36. 2004..We assessed the relative effects of age, gender, period of death and birth cohort on asthma mortality rates in Australia from 1907 to 2000...
- Plasma homocysteine levels and risk of Alzheimer diseaseJ A Luchsinger
Taub Institute for Research of Alzheimer s Disease and the Aging Brain, Columbia University, New York, USA
Neurology 62:1972-6. 2004..To explore the association between high homocysteine levels and risk of Alzheimer disease (AD) in the Washington Heights-Inwood Columbia Aging Project (WHICAP)...
- Steroid-resistant acute rejection following SPK: importance of maintaining therapeutic dosing in a triple-drug regimenGeorge W Burke
Department of Surgery, Division of Transplantation, University of Miami School of Medicine, Highland Professional Building 5th Floor, 1801 NW 9th Avenue, Rm 521, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Transplant Proc 34:1918-9. 2002
- Body size and risk of epithelial ovarian and related cancers: a population-based case-control studyCatherine M Olsen
Cancer and Population Studies Group, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia
Int J Cancer 123:450-6. 2008..These results add to the current evidence that obesity increases a woman's risk of developing distinct histological subtypes of ovarian cancer...
- Outcome after interventional or conservative management of unruptured brain arteriovenous malformations: a prospective, population-based cohort studyCatherine J Wedderburn
Division of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Lancet Neurol 7:223-30. 2008..We aimed to test whether outcome differs between adults who had interventional AVM treatment and those who did not...
- Bezoar-related pancreatitis in enterically drained pancreas transplantH H Haider
Lillian Jean Kaplan Renal Transplant Center of the Division of Transplantation of the Department of Surgery, at the University of Miami, Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Transplant Proc 39:196-8. 2007..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first case of allograft pancreatitis reported in the literature occurring from bezoar formation...
- Conversion of stable kidney transplant recipients from a twice daily Prograf-based regimen to a once daily modified release tacrolimus-based regimenR Alloway
University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0558, USA
Transplant Proc 37:867-70. 2005..The purpose of this pharmacokinetic (PK) study was to evaluate tacrolimus exposure in stable kidney transplant recipients converted from Prograf twice a day to MR tacrolimus qD...
- Recruitment, engagement, and retention of people living with HIV and co-occurring mental health and substance use disordersR J Calsyn
University of Missouri St Louis, St Louis, MO 63121, USA
AIDS Care 16:S56-70. 2004....
- Correlation of quantitative protein measurements in 8-, 12-, and 24-hour urine samples for the diagnosis of preeclampsiaA M Adelberg
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Good Samaritan Hospital, and the E. Kenneth Hatton MD Institute for Research and Education, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 185:804-7. 2001..CONCLUSION: Total protein values for 8- and 12-hour urine samples correlate positively with values for 24-hour samples for patients with proteinuria. The results for 12- and 24-hour samples correlate for patients without proteinuria...
- Pro- and retrospective memory in late adulthoodB Uttl
Department of Psychology, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USA
Conscious Cogn 10:451-72. 2001..There was only a weak relationship between pro- and retrospective memory, and the age-related decline in processing resources was related more strongly to retro- than prospective memory...
- [Varicocele testis in childhood and adolescence]J Miller
Klinik und Poliklinik für Urologie und Kinderurologie, Justus Liebig Universitat, Rudolf Buchheim Strasse 7, 35385 Giessen
Urologe A 41:68-75; quiz 76-7. 2002
- Skewed X chromosome inactivation and breast and ovarian cancer status: evidence for X-linked modifiers of BRCA1Felicity Lose
Cancer and Cell Biology Division, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Herston, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:1519-29. 2008....