- The utility of electron microscopy in cytopathology
Tepecik Research and Training Hospital, Pathology, Mavisehir, Izmir, Turkey
Ultrastruct Pathol 34:252-9. 2010
..The use of ultrastructural analysis in the diagnostic work-up of histologic specimens has been well studied but less is known about the utility of electron microscopy (EM) in cytopathology...
- Interobserver agreement in salivary gland neoplasms by telepathology: An analysis of 47 cases
Department of Pathology, Izmir Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Anal Quant Cytopathol Histpathol 35:114-20. 2013
..To assess the discrepancies that prevailed among the members of the Head and Neck Pathology Working Group in Turkey in diagnosing salivary gland tumors, classified primarily according to myoepithelial origin, by utilizing telepathology...
- Polymorphous low-grade adenocarcinoma located in the maxillary sinus
Department of Pathology, Izmir Tepecik Education and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Turk Patoloji Derg 28:274-7. 2012
..Although it is a low grade malignancy, progression may develop after a long time. Therefore, polymorphous low-grade adenocarcinoma should be kept in mind in the differential diagnosis even in rare sites in the head and neck...
- [Clear cell mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the parotid gland: a case report]
Izmir Atatürk Eğitim ve Araştirma Hastanesi, Patoloji Bölümü, Izmir, Turkiye
Turk Patoloji Derg 28:178-80. 2012
..Immunohistochemically, p63 was positive. Based on the morphological, histochemical and immunohistochemical findings, the case was diagnosed as mucoepidermoid carcinoma, clear cell variant...
- An analysis of salivary gland neoplasms: a 12-year, single-institution experience in Turkey
Department of Pathology, Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Basin Sitesi, 35360 Izmir, Turkey
Ear Nose Throat J 91:125-9. 2012
..49%). Our data demonstrate that the characteristics of salivary gland tumors in a Turkish population at a single institution are similar to those reported in the literature worldwide...
- Papillary cystadenocarcinoma originating from a minor salivary gland with lymph node metastases
Department of Pathology, Ataturk Research and Training Hospital, 2040 Sok Pamukkale 6 Blok 102 Giris No 3, Mavisehir, Izmir 35540, Turkey
Ear Nose Throat J 90:E6-7. 2011
..We discuss histopathologic and clinical features of this lesion and review the literature...
- Cytology of a giant adult-type rhabdomyoma of the tongue
Department of Pathology, Tepecik Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Diagn Cytopathol 39:686-8. 2011
..The lesions was located in the tongue extended to the left parapharyngeal region. We discuss the cytological findings with a brief review of the literature on this entity...
- Sarcomatoid carcinoma of the upper aerodigestive tract: an immunohistochemical analysis demonstrating latent Epstein-Barr virus in a subset of eight cases
Department of Pathology, Tepecik Research and Training Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 53:750-6. 2010
..Sarcomatoid or spindle cell carcinomas are rare malignancies which are considered as a poorly differentiated variant of squamous cell carcinoma. Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) is associated with a wide variety of malignancies...
- Comparison of proliferating cell nuclear antigen, thyroid transcription factor-1, Ki-67, p63, p53 and high-molecular weight cytokeratin expressions in papillary thyroid carcinoma, follicular carcinoma, and follicular adenoma
Department of Pathology, Izmir Tepecik Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Ann Diagn Pathol 15:108-16. 2011
..Although the differential diagnosis of the thyroid follicular neoplasms are based on the histologic and cytomorphological criteria, p53 and HMW-CK positivity might be undertaken in favor of the diagnosis of the PTC...
- Inter-observer agreement in laryngeal pre-neoplastic lesions
Department of Pathology, Dokuz Eylul University Faculty of Medicine, 35340 Inciralti, Izmir, Turkey
Head Neck Pathol 4:276-80. 2010
..Although the MCC of WHOC was higher, as the wkappa was not significantly different, the findings in this series are not in favor of any of the classifications for better IA for pre-neoplastic laryngeal lesions...
- A comparison of histopathological results of conventional surgery and transoral radiofrequency ablation in early stage laryngeal carcinoma
Department of Otolaryngology, Tepecik Training and Research Hospital, 07100 İzmir, Turkey
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 23:325-30. 2013
..This study aims to compare histopathological results of conventional surgery and transoral radiofrequency ablation in patients with early stage laryngeal carcinoma...
- [Incidental thyroid carcinoma found during surgery for laryngeal carcinoma: a case report]
İzmir Tepecik Eğitim ve Araştırma Hastanesi, Izmir, Turkiye
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 21:215-9. 2011
..5 months (range 5 to 14 months). Although it is a rare condition, the possibility of coexisting thyroid carcinoma in laryngeal cancer patients and the possible need for completion surgery when required should always be kept in mind...
- Glomus tumor of the proximal trachea: a case report
Department of Otolaryngology, Tepecik Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 22:245-8. 2012
..A transoral endoscopic laser excision was performed. No finding suggesting tumoral regrowth at 36 months following surgery was found, as assessed by laryngoscopy and imaging studies...
- Management of thyroid gland invasion in laryngeal and hypopharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Izmir Ataturk Research and Training Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 273:511-5. 2016
..Thyroid gland invasion was significantly correlated with thyroid cartilage invasion. Therefore, prophylactic thyroidectomy should not be a part of the treatment policy for these tumors. ..
- Tumor-like cystic endosalpingiosis in the myometrium: a case report and a review of the literature
Department of Pathology, Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Turk Patoloji Derg 30:145-8. 2014
..With these findings, the diagnosis was cystic endosalpingiosis. In this report, the clinicopathologic features of a cystic endosalpingiosis case located in the myometrium was presented with a review of the literature. ..
- Clinicopathologic features of the mixed epithelial and mesenchymal type metaplastic breast carcinoma with myoepithelial differentiation in a subset of six cases
Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Department of Pathology, Izmir, Turkey
Pathol Res Pract 208:147-50. 2012
..Two had distant metastases to the lung. Our series which only included mixed epithelial-mesenchymal type metaplastic carcinoma of the breast showed myoepithelial differentiation with a worse prognosis...