Affiliation: University of Tartu
- Comparison of two alternative study designs in assessment of medicines utilisation in neonatesGeorgi Nellis
Institute of Microbiology, Tartu University, Tartu, Estonia
BMC Med Res Methodol 14:89. 2014..Estimates of prevalence are known to be affected by the design of cross-sectional studies. A pan-European study provided an opportunity to compare the effect of two cross-sectional study designs on estimates of medicines use...
- Breast odour as the only maternal stimulus elicits crawling towards the odour sourceH Varendi
Children s Clinic of Clinics of Tartu University, Department of Paediatrics, Estonia
Acta Paediatr 90:372-5. 2001..In one trial, a pad carrying the mother's breast odour was placed 17 cm in front of the baby's nose; in the other trial a clean pad was used. More babies moved towards and reached the breast pad than the clean pad...
- The effect of labor on olfactory exposure learning within the first postnatal hourHeili Varendi
Department of Pediatrics, University of Tartu, Estonia
Behav Neurosci 116:206-11. 2002..Heightened learning by neonates from births with contractions may reflect locus coeruleus and NE activation. Olfactory learning may therefore be particularly efficient shortly after birth...
- Preliminary evidence of a sensitive period for olfactory learning by human newbornsO Romantshik
Department of Paediatrics, University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
Acta Paediatr 96:372-6. 2007..To test the hypothesis that a brief window of time immediately after delivery may be a particularly sensitive period for olfactory learning by human neonates...
- Acutely and retrospectively diagnosed perinatal stroke: a population-based studyRael Laugesaar
Children s Clinic of Tartu University Hospital, Tartu, Estonia
Stroke 38:2234-40. 2007....