- The prognostic value of p53 and c-erbB-2 expression, proliferative activity and angiogenesis in node-negative breast carcinoma
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Tumori 91:46-52. 2005
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans treated with wide local excision and followed at a cancer hospital: prognostic significance of clinicopathologic variables
Department of Pathology, Gazi University, Faculty of Medicine, Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
Am J Dermatopathol 34:24-34. 2012
..The only factor that remains significantly associated with decreased OS is detection of metastasis...
- Angiogenesis, p53, and bcl-2 expression as prognostic indicators in endometrial cancer: comparison with traditional clinicopathologic variables
Department of Pathalogy, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Gynecol Pathol 22:254-60. 2003
..05). In multivariate regression analysis, FIGO stage and low bcl-2 expression were found to be the only independent indicators of prognosis (p<0.05)...
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and assessment of microvascular density with CD 34 and endoglin in proliferative endometrium, endometrial hyperplasia, and endometrial carcinoma
Department of Pathology, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Gynecol Cancer 17:1327-32. 2007
..Although VEGF expression in EC was significantly higher, it did not correlate with other measures of angiogenesis. MVD using endoglin seemed to reflect neoplastic angiogenesis better than CD 34...
- CD105 expression is an independent predictor of survival in patients with endometrial cancer
Gazi University, Department of Pathology, Ankara, Turkey
Gynecol Oncol 103:1007-11. 2006
..The purpose of this study was to detect the prognostic value of CD105 (endoglin) and also to compare with CD34 and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in patients with endometrial adenocancer...
- Inflammatory fibroid polyp of the ileum causing intussusception: a case report
Ipek Isik Gonul
Department of Pathology, Gazi University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 15:59-62. 2004
..A case of inflammatory fibroid polyp of the ileum presenting clinically as intestinal obstruction due to intussusception is presented here...
- Comparison of basal and clomiphene citrate induced FSH and inhibin B, ovarian volume and antral follicle counts as ovarian reserve tests and predictors of poor ovarian response in IVF
IVF Unit and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Gazi, Ankara, Turkey
J Assist Reprod Genet 21:37-45. 2004
- Role of antral follicle count in controlled ovarian hyperstimulation and intrauterine insemination cycles in patients with unexplained subfertility
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gazi University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Fertil Steril 90:360-6. 2008
..To determine the predictive value of basal antral follicle count (AFC) as a marker for pregnancy, live birth rate, and ovarian response in COH and intrauterine insemination (IUI) cycles in couples with unexplained subfertility...
- Immunohistochemical localization of endothelin-1 in human placenta from normal and growth-restricted pregnancies
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Bilkent 3 Konutlari Ufuk Sitesi, F3 Blok Daire 12, Bilkent, Ankara, Turkey 06530
Pediatr Dev Pathol 6:307-13. 2003
..In conclusion, our findings suggest that the lower expression of ET-1 in placental tissues from IUGR pregnancies might be secondary to an adaptive mechanism to reduce the vasoconstrictor effect of ET-1...
- Peroxisome proliferators-activated alpha agonist treatment ameliorates hepatic damage in rats with obstructive jaundice: an experimental study
Department of Gastroenterology, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
BMC Gastroenterol 7:44. 2007
..This study aims to evaluate the effect of short-term administration of fenofibrate, a PPARalpha agonist, on proinflammatory cytokines, apoptosis, and hepatocellular damage in cholestasis...
- Comparison of the clinical value of CA 19-9 versus CA 125 for the diagnosis of endometriosis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yuzuncu Yil University School of Medicine, Van, Turkey
Fertil Steril 92:1761-3. 2009
..Our prospective cohort study showed that serum CA 19-9 is a valuable marker in the diagnosis of endometriosis, and it may be used to predict the patients with severe endometriosis when used with CA 125...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 expression: does it have a probable role in tumorigenesis mechanisms of renal cell carcinoma?
Department of Urology, Gazi University School of Medicine, Ankara 06500, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 40:295-301. 2008
..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the correlation between the levels of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression with clinicopathologic features and determine the impact on prognosis in patients with renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- A potential novel treatment strategy: inhibition of angiogenesis and inflammation by resveratrol for regression of endometriosis in an experimental rat model
Pinar Ozcan Cenksoy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yeditepe University Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Gynecol Endocrinol 31:219-24. 2015
..Further studies are needed to determine the optimum effective dose in humans and to evaluate other effects on reproductive physiology. ..
- Clear cell adenocarcinoma of the uterine cervix: a case report and review of the literature
Department of Medical Oncology, Sakarya University Training and Research Hospital, Sakarya Department of Medical Oncology, Gazi University Medical Faculty Department of Pathology, Gazi University Medical Faculty Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gazi University Medical Faculty Department of Medical Oncology, Ataturk Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 36:e131-3. 2014
..Neither of them had a history of exposure to DES. ..
- Acne rosacea associated imatinib mesylate in a gastrointestinal stromal tumor patient
Department of Medical Oncology, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
J Oncol Pharm Pract 17:285-7. 2011
..AR was arisen due to the discontinuation of IM. To the best of our knowledge, this kind of cutaneous side-effect with IM has not been documented previously...
- Effects of everolimus on cytokines, oxidative stress, and renal histology in ischemia-reperfusion injury of the kidney
Gazi University, Department of Internal Medicine, 06510, Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
Ren Fail 31:698-703. 2009
..To evaluate the effects of everolimus on renal ischemia-reperfusion injury (IRI)...
- Importance of cytokines, oxidative stress and expression of BCL-2 in the pathogenesis of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Scand J Gastroenterol 42:1095-101. 2007
..The purpose of this study was to investigate the roles of TNF-alpha, TGF-beta, IL-6, IL-8, malondialdehyde (MDA), nitric oxide (NO) and the expression of Bcl-2 and Bax in the pathogenesis of NASH...
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Correlation with histology and viral hepatitis
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Saudi Med J 26:1904-10. 2005
..In this study, our aim was to investigate the relationships between the histopathological features of NAFLD, hepatic stellate cell activation, and capillarization to find a marker related to fibrosis, for NAFLD...
- Papillary adenoma of the prostatic urethra: report of two cases
Mustafa Ozgur Tan
Department of Urology, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Urol 10:459-62. 2003
..Papillary adenoma is believed to be benign, therefore, both lesions were carefully excised and fulgurated transurethrally...
- Urgent laparoscopic cholecystectomy is the best management for biliary colic. A prospective randomized study of 75 cases
Hepato Pancreato Biliary Surgery Unit, Department of General Surgery, Gazi University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Dig Surg 22:95-9. 2005
..The aim of this study was to compare the possible advantages and safety of urgent laparoscopic cholecystectomy (ULC) with elective laparoscopic cholecystectomy (ELC) in patients with biliary colic...
- Small cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the posterior tongue
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
J Cancer Res Ther 11:651. 2015
..As there is not any standard therapeutic regimen already existing, it is important to be aware of and to know how to deal with such rare cases. ..
- Infliximab "TNF-alpha antagonist" decreases intraabdominal adhesions
Faculty of Medicine, Gazi Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Genel Cerrahi Anabilim Dali Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
Saudi Med J 28:1830-5. 2007
..To evaluate the effect of infliximab on adhesion formation and it's associated morbidity and complications...
- Genistein attenuates postischemic ovarian injury in a rat adnexal torsion-detorsion model
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Mersin University, Mersin, Turkey
Fertil Steril 87:391-6. 2007
..To investigate the effects of genistein on reperfusion injury in a rat ovarian torsion-detorsion model...
- Polymyositis and hepatitis concurrent with breast cancer
Department of Medical Oncology, Gazi University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Med Princ Pract 13:171-5. 2004
..To present a rare case of breast cancer associated with both inflammatory muscle disease and liver disease as a paraneoplastic syndrome...
- The effect of captopril on endometriotic implants in a rat model
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 180:120-5. 2014
..To determine the effects of captopril on experimentally induced endometriosis in a rat model...
- Immunohistochemical expression of beta-catenin, E-cadherin, cyclin D1 and c-myc in benign trichogenic tumors
Nese Calli Demirkan
Department of Pathology, Medical School of Pamukkale University, Denizli, Turkey
J Cutan Pathol 34:467-73. 2007
..Sublocation of beta-catenin has been demonstrated by immunohistochemistry. The aim of this study was to determine the role of beta-catenin-related proteins in various benign trichogenic tumors...
- Effect of synthetic cell-binding peptide on the healing of cortical segmental bone defects
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Gazi University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Saudi Med J 27:777-80. 2006
..To determine the effect of inorganic bone matric/Pepgen P-15 (ABM/P-15) on the healing of a critical sized segmental defect in a rat radius using a radiological and histological grading system...
- A comparative study of the effects of hemin and bilirubin on bilateral renal ischemia reperfusion injury
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Nephron Exp Nephrol 103:e1-5. 2006
..The aim of this study was to determine the effects of hemin, a heme oxygenase-1 inducer, and bilirubin on renal ischemia-reperfusion (I-R) injury...
- Histiocytic sarcoma: PET-CT evaluation of a rare entity
Department of Medical Oncology, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Besevler, Ankara, 06500, Turkey
Ann Nucl Med 22:715-7. 2008
..The pertinent literature is reviewed...
- A novel surgical technique for preserving the bladder neck during robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: preliminary results
1 Department of Urology, Gazi University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Endourol 29:186-91. 2015
..To describe our new surgical technique for preserving the bladder neck during robot-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy (RALP) and to present the anatomy between the bladder neck and prostate...
- A potential novel strategy, inhibition of vasopressin-induced VEGF secretion by relcovaptan, for decreasing the incidence of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome in the hyperstimulated rat model
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Turkey Electronic address
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 174:86-90. 2014
..To investigate the effects of V1A receptor antagonist through inhibition of vasopressin-induced VEGF secretion in an experimental model...
- A comparison of the local effectiveness of mitomycin C, aprotinin, and Adcon-L in experimental peridural fibrosis
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Gazi, Ankara 06500, Turkey
Surg Neurol 70:608-13; discussion 613. 2008
..We investigated and compared the effects of 3 agents--aprotinin, mitomycin C, and Adcon-L--to PF after lumbar laminectomy in rabbits...
- The effect of platelet activating factor antagonist BN 52021 on bacterial translocation and ICAM-I expression in experimental obstructive jaundice
Department of General Surgery, Gazi University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Invest Surg 18:247-56. 2005
..The administration of BN52021 in experimental obstructive jaundice is a useful way to reduce liver and intestinal mucosal villi damage by inhibiting bacterial translocation and systemic inflammatory response...
- Cholestatic liver disease with ductopenia (vanishing bile duct syndrome) in Hodgkin's disease: report of a case
University of Kirikkale, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Gastroenterology, Kirikkale, Turkey
Tumori 90:517-20. 2004
..Liver biopsies revealed intrahepatic cholestasis and ductopenia. Although the patient was given chemotherapy, he died of sepsis and disseminated intravascular coagulation after 24 weeks of admission to hospital...
- Bortezomib-induced perivascular dermatitis in a patient with multiple myeloma
Zubeyde Nur Ozkurt
Hematology Department, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Cutan Ocul Toxicol 28:141-3. 2009
..The rash resolved within 4 days; complete response of myeloma was obtained after 8 cycles of bortezomib. The benign clinical course did not require interruption of the treatment, which in turn resulted in complete remission of myeloma...
- Parameatal cyst of urethra: a rare congenital anomaly
School of Medicine, Urology Department, Gazi University, 12 kat, 06510, Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 38:273-4. 2006
..Complete excision of the cyst with total removal of the epithelium is the required for treatment and prevention of recurrence...
- Relation between cyclooxygenase-2 expression and clinicopathologic parameters with patient prognosis in transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder
Department of Urology, Gazi University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Urol Int 76:51-6. 2006
..To evaluate the correlation between cyclooxygenase-2 (Cox-2) expression and clinicopathologic findings with the effect of these variables on prognosis of bladder cancer...
- Early onset linear focal elastosis in a Turkish boy
Department of Dermatology, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 49:441-3. 2007
..These features were consistent with linear focal elastosis. In the literature, linear focal elastosis is mainly reported in the elderly. We describe here a case of early linear focal elastosis arising in a 14-year-old Turkish boy...
- Effects of ischemic preconditioning on regenerative capacity of hepatocyte in the ischemically damaged rat livers
Department of General Surgery, University of Gazi, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Surg Res 125:42-8. 2005
..The present study investigated the effects of IPC on liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy under IR in rats...
- Outcome of patients with nasolacrimal polyurethane stent implantation: do they keep tearing?
Department of Ophthalmology, Gazi University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 20:130-5. 2004
..To evaluate the results of nasolacrimal polyurethane stent implantation for the treatment of primary acquired nasolacrimal duct obstruction and the effects of obstructed nasolacrimal stent on subsequent dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR)...
- Unexpected gallbladder cancer during laparoscopic cholecystectomy
Department of General Surgery, Hepato Pancreato Biliary Surgery Unit, Gazi University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 11:357-61. 2004
..In the present study, we investigated the effectiveness of surgeons in determining incidental gallbladder pathologies at laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC)...