- Innovative solutions: development and implementation of a tight blood glucose management protocol: one community hospital's experience
Elkhart General Hospital, 600 East Boulevard, Elkhart, IN 46514, USA
Dimens Crit Care Nurs 25:62-5. 2006
..This article discusses the efforts of one community hospital in the development of a tight blood glucose management protocol for cardiopulmonary bypass patients...
- Anatomy and physiology of neurological compensatory mechanisms
Elkhart General Healthcare System, Elkhart, IN 46514, USA
Dimens Crit Care Nurs 25:197-202; quiz 203-4. 2006
..Compensatory mechanisms that attempt to prevent the destructive effects of cerebral ischemia and injury will be discussed...
- Innovative solutions: providing specialized nursing care to the patient with acute neurologic injury in a general critical care unit
Janice E Eigsti
Elkhart General Hospital, Elkhart, Indiana, USA
Dimens Crit Care Nurs 28:24-9. 2009
..Goals include standardized education for group members, standards of practice and policy development and revision, and equipment review and upgrading. This article reports on the results of this innovative strategy...
- Graduate nurses' perceptions of a critical care nurse internship program
Janice E Eigsti
Elkhart General Hospital, Elkhart, Indiana 46514, USA
J Nurses Staff Dev 25:191-8. 2009
..62 (SD = 0.371), with a retention rate of 76.9% (20 of 26). Statistically significant differences in satisfaction scores were not found in this pilot study between nurse interns currently working in critical care and those who are not...
- Bypass injury: implications of cardiopulmonary bypass
Elkhart General Healthcare Sysytem, IN 46514, USA
Dimens Crit Care Nurs 22:64-70. 2003
..This article explores some of these potential insults and reviews some of the interventions used to neutralize the impact of CPB...
- Self-annihilation: a cell's story of suicide
Elkhart General Healthcare System, Elkhart, Indiana 46514, USA
Dimens Crit Care Nurs 24:117-9. 2005
..An in-depth review of the pathophysiology of apoptosis is presented. This article is not typical of those usually seen in DCCN but is of importance because it describes the process of cell death, which occurs in all patients...