- Simultaneous sleep study and nasoendoscopic investigation in a patient with obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome refractory to continuous positive airway pressure: a case report
Claudia Chaves Loureiro
Department of Pulmonology, University Hospital of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
J Med Case Reports 3:9315. 2009
..In cases of non-response to nasal continuous positive airway pressure other treatments like mandibular advancement devices or upper airway surgery (especially bi-maxillary advancement) may also be considered...
- Autoadjusting-CPAP effect on serum leptin concentrations in obstructive sleep apnoea patients
Pulmonology Department, Hospital de Sao Joao, Alameda Hernani Monteiro, 4200 319 Porto, Portugal
BMC Pulm Med 8:21. 2008
..Our aim is to evaluate the basal leptin levels in OSA patients and its possible relation to OSA severity, independently of confounders and investigate the Autoadjusting-CPAP effect on leptin values...
- [Long term effect of autoadjusting positive airway pressure on C-reactive protein and interleukin-6 in men with obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome]
Departamento de neumologia, Hospital de João de Sao, Facultad de Medicina de Porto, Oporto, Portugal
Arch Bronconeumol 45:577-84. 2009
..Inflammatory processes associated with OSA may contribute to this morbidity. Some studies have reported serum levels of high sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP) and interleukin-6 (IL-6) to be increased in these patients...
- Portuguese Journal of Pulmonology: year-in-review 2009
Servico de Pneumologia, Hospital São João e Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
Rev Port Pneumol 16:899-906. 2010
..The invited members of the Editorial Board covered and commented the most relevant articles and gave us an important picture of the quality of the science it was published in Portuguese Pulmonology...
- Randomised short-term trial of high-span versus low-span APAP for treating sleep apnoea
Helder Novais Bastos
Pulmonology Department, Centro Hospitalar de São João, Alameda Prof Hernani Monteiro, 4200 319, Porto, Portugal
Sleep Breath 20:183-90. 2016
..Since there are insufficient data on the optimal pressure range setting, we aimed to compare the adherence, efficacy and tolerability of treatment with high-span versus low-span APAP...
- Obstructive sleep apnea symptoms beyond sleepiness and snoring: effects of nasal APAP therapy
Ivo A C Cruz
Department of Pulmonology, Sao Joao Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto, Alameda Professor Doutor Hernâni Monteiro, 4200 319, Porto, Portugal
Sleep Breath 16:361-6. 2012
- Effectiveness of a group education session on adherence with APAP in obstructive sleep apnea--a randomized controlled study
Filipa Soares Pires
Pulmonology Department, Centro Hospitalar de São João, Alameda Prof Hernani Monteiro, 4200 319 Porto, Portugal
Sleep Breath 17:993-1001. 2013
..We investigated whether a single group education session on APAP therapy is effective in promoting adherence among patients with OSAHS...
- Lipid profile after long-term APAP in OSA patients
Department of Experimental Biology, Faculdade de Medicina do Porto, Universidade do Porto, Alameda Professor Hernani Monteiro, 4200 319, Porto, Portugal
Sleep Breath 19:931-7. 2015
..Besides contributing to the comprehension of the complex relationship between dyslipidemia and OSA, it provided new data regarding the effectiveness of a long term APAP treatment...
- APAP impact on metabolic syndrome in obstructive sleep apnea patients
Patrícia Caetano Mota
Department of Pulmonology, Hospital de Sao Joao, Porto, Portugal
Sleep Breath 15:665-72. 2011
..This study aimed to determine the prevalence of MS in OSA patients before and 6 months after APAP, and to identify potential determinants of metabolic status change...