- Experimental and bioinformatic approaches for interrogating protein-protein interactions to determine protein function
Health and Environment Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Eastern Quebec Proteomics Centre, 2705 Laurier Blvd, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada G1 V 4 G2
J Mol Endocrinol 34:263-80. 2005
..Here, we present an overview of different experimental and bioinformatic methods to elucidate protein-protein interactions...
- PARPs database: a LIMS systems for protein-protein interaction data mining or laboratory information management system
Health and Environment Unit, Laval University Medical Research Center, CHUQ, Quebec, Canada
BMC Bioinformatics 8:483. 2007
..This data must be archived and analysed using specialized bioinformatics tools...
- Human Proteinpedia enables sharing of human protein data
Nat Biotechnol 26:164-7. 2008
- Proteomic investigation of phosphorylation sites in poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 and poly(ADP-ribose) glycohydrolase
Jean Philippe Gagné
Laval University Medical Research Center, Laval University, G1V4G2, Quebec, Canada
J Proteome Res 8:1014-29. 2009
..By documenting and annotating a collection of known and newly identified phosphorylation sites, this targeted proteomics study significantly advances our understanding of the roles of phosphorylation in the regulation of PARP-1 and PARG...
- Comparative proteome analysis of human epithelial ovarian cancer
Jean Philippe Gagné
Health and Environment Unit, Laval University Medical Research Center, CHUQ, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, 2705, boulevard Laurier, Ste Foy, Quebec, G1V 4G2, Canada
Proteome Sci 5:16. 2007
..This investigation was aimed at a better understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying differentiation, proliferation and neoplastic progression of ovarian cancer...
- Proteomic and genomic analyses of antimony resistant Leishmania infantum mutant
Marie Christine Brotherton
Centre de Recherche en Infectiologie du Centre de Recherche du CHU de Québec, Pavillon CHUL, and Département de Microbiologie Infectiologie et Immunologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e81899. 2013
..Antimonials remain the primary antileishmanial drugs in most developing countries. However, drug resistance to these compounds is increasing and our understanding of resistance mechanisms is partial...
- A metabolic labeling approach for glycoproteomic analysis reveals altered glycoprotein expression upon GALNT3 knockdown in ovarian cancer cells
Department of Molecular Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, PQ, Canada Centre de recherche du CHU de Québec, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, Quebec, PQ, Canada
J Proteomics 145:91-102. 2016
..The GALNT3-dependent glycoproteins identified by this metabolic labeling approach support the oncogenic role of GALNT3 in EOC dissemination and may be pursued as novel EOC biomarkers and/or therapeutic targets...
- Quantitative site-specific ADP-ribosylation profiling of DNA-dependent PARPs
Jean Philippe Gagné
Centre de recherche du CHU de Québec Pavillon CHUL, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
DNA Repair (Amst) 30:68-79. 2015
..Together our results suggest that poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation hot spots make a dominant contribution to the overall automodification process. ..
- Selective and sensitive quantification of the cytochrome P450 3A4 protein in human liver homogenates through multiple reaction monitoring mass spectrometry
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, CHU de Québec Research Centre and the Faculty of Pharmacy, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Proteomics 16:2827-2837. 2016
..The established method provides a sensitive tool to evaluate the CYP3A4 protein in human liver homogenates from patients with normal or chronic/severe hepatic injury...
- Divergent Expression and Metabolic Functions of Human Glucuronosyltransferases through Alternative Splicing
Pharmacogenomics Laboratory, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec Research Center, Quebec, QC G1V 4G2, Canada Faculty of Pharmacy, Laval University, Quebec, QC G1V 0A6, Canada
Cell Rep 17:114-24. 2016
..This work highlights the biological relevance of alternative UGT expression, which we propose increases protein diversity through the evolution of metabolic regulators from specific enzymes. ..
- Effects of Long-term Serial Passaging on the Characteristics and Properties of Cell Lines Derived From Uveal Melanoma Primary Tumors
Centre universitaire d ophtalmologie Recherche CUO Recherche, Axe Médecine Régénératrice, Hôpital du Saint Sacrement, Centre de Recherche FRQS du CHU de Québec Université Laval, Quebec, Canada 2Département d ophtalmologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada 3CNRS, UMR 6301 ISTCT, CERVOxy GIP CYCERON, Caen, France 4CHU de Rennes, Service d Ophtalmologie, France
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 57:5288-5301. 2016
..In this study, we examined whether the properties of UM cell lines at various passages were similar to their corresponding primary tumors...
- Evaluation of iTRAQ and SWATH-MS for the Quantification of Proteins Associated with Insulin Resistance in Human Duodenal Biopsy Samples
Proteomics Center, CHU de Québec Research Center and Department of Molecular Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 10:e0125934. 2015
..Furthermore, both methods quantified proteins of relevance to IR. These data also showed that SWATH-MS is a promising and compelling alternative to iTRAQ for protein quantitation of complex mixtures. ..
- The expanding role of poly(ADP-ribose) metabolism: current challenges and new perspectives
Jean Philippe Gagné
Health and Environment Unit, Laval University Medical Research Center, CHUQ, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, 2705 Boulevard Laurier, Ste Foy, Quebec G1V 4G2, Canada
Curr Opin Cell Biol 18:145-51. 2006
..Observations and suppositions towards functionally important regulatory elements in the N-terminal portion of PARG are also discussed...
- RT-PSM, a real-time program for peptide-spectrum matching with statistical significance
Fang Xiang Wu
Health and Environment Unit, Laval University Medical Research Center CHUL, Faculty of Medicine, 2705 Boul Laurier, Quebec City, QC Canada, G1V 4G2
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 20:1199-208. 2006
..RT-PSM is clearly shown to be fast enough for real-time PSM assignment of MS/MS spectra generated every 3 s or so by a 3D ion trap or by a QqTOF instrument...