- Methylprednisolone enhances contraction of porcine femoral head epiphyseal arteries
Institute of Experimental Clinical Research, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Clin Orthop Relat Res . 2004
..To our knowledge, this pathomechanic factor in femoral head necrosis has not been described before...
- Reperfusion pattern of the immature femoral head after critical ischemia: a microsphere study in pigs
Institute of Experimental Clinical Research, Department of Orthopedics, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Acta Orthop Scand 70:439-45. 1999
- Femoral artery constriction by norepinephrine is enhanced by methylprednisolone in a rat model
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, D 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:162-6. 2006
..The aim of this study was to investigate if corticosteroids directly constrict the femoral artery or if they have a permissive effect on norepinephrine and endothelin-1-induced vasoconstriction...
- Little league shoulder syndrome in an adolescent cricket player
W R Drescher
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospital Kiel, Christian Albrechts University, Michaelisstr 1, D 24105 Kiel, Germany
Br J Sports Med 38:E14. 2004
..The first case of little league shoulder syndrome in a cricket player is reported. The condition has been reported in baseball pitchers and is characterised by a proximal humeral epiphyseolysis...
- Femoral head blood flow reduction and hypercoagulability under 24 h megadose steroid treatment in pigs
Department of Orthopaedics, The Institute of Experimental Clinical Research, University Hospital, Michaelisstr 1, D 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Orthop Res 22:501-8. 2004
..These findings may be pathogenetic factors in the early stage of steroid-induced osteonecrosis...
- Spinal blood flow in 24-hour megadose glucocorticoid treatment in awake pigs
Wolf R Drescher
Institute of Experimental Clinical Research, Department of Orthopedics, Spine Section, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
J Neurosurg 99:286-90. 2003
..This study was conducted to determine if high-dose methylprednisolone modulates neural and vertebral blood flow in an awake large-sized animal model without SCI...
- Nitrate patch prevents steroid-related bone necrosis
Department of Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstrasse 30, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Orthop Res 29:1517-20. 2011
..Less empty lacunae were counted in the GC animals after additional treatment with a nitrate patch. This finding suggests that nitrate co-treatment has the potential to prevent steroid-associated FHN...
- The effect of long-term methylprednisolone treatment on the femoral head in growing pigs
Department of Orthopaedics, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
J Orthop Res 20:662-8. 2002
..Long-term steroid treatment did not produce FH necrosis or FH IOP alterations in the immature pig model...
- Vertebral blood flow and bone mineral density during long-term corticosteroid treatment: An experimental study in immature pigs
Department of Orthopaedics E, Aarhus Municipal Hospital, Denmark
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:3021-5. 2000
..Bone mineral density and regional blood flow were measured in pigs during long-term methylprednisolone treatment...
- Endothelin-1-induced femoral head epiphyseal artery constriction is enhanced by long-term corticosteroid treatment
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Michaelisstr 1, D 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:173-9. 2006
..This study examined the effect of long-term corticosteroid treatment on vasoconstriction of the lateral epiphyseal arteries of the femoral head in a porcine model...
- Enhanced constriction of supplying arteries--a mechanism of femoral head necrosis in Wistar rats?
Department of Orthopedics, RWTH University Hospital, Pauwelsstrasse 30, Aachen, Germany
Ann Anat 192:58-61. 2010
..05). This study showed that vasoconstriction of the femoral artery in WKY rats was stronger than that of SHR rats. This may be a pathomechanical factor in femoral head necrosis of WKY rats...
- Differential expression of vascular endothelial growth factor in glucocorticoid-related osteonecrosis of the femoral head
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Clin Orthop Relat Res 467:3273-82. 2009
..The observed high amount of VEGF in later-stage osteonecrosis might stimulate the ingrowth of reparative arterioles into the femoral head...
- Monarthritis of the pediatric knee joint: differential diagnosis after a thorn injury
Department of Orthopaedics, Kiel University Hospital, Kiel, Germany
Arthroscopy 20:865-8. 2004
..All arthroscopic surgeons should do a complete diagnostic examination of the affected joint in case of a foreign-body injury...
- The spine in fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva: a case report
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 28:E519-22. 2003
..A case report of fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva (FOP)...
- The significance of subacromial arthrography to verify partial bursal-side rotator cuff ruptures
Thomas L Schneider
Clinic for Orthopedics and Sport Traumatology, Dreifaltigkeitskrankenhaus, Aachenerstr 445 449, 50933 Cologne, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 123:481-4. 2003
..The purpose of this study was to verify a partial bursa-side rupture of the rotator cuff (RC) using different imaging techniques with special emphasis on the validity of a specific method of subacromial arthrography (SAA)...
- Enoxaparin prevents steroid-related avascular necrosis of the femoral head
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, RWTH Aachen University, Wendlingweg 2, 52074 Aachen, Germany
ScientificWorldJournal 2014:347813. 2014
..No significant difference was detected between the glucocorticoid and Clexane group and the control group. This finding suggests that cotreatment with enoxaparin has the potential to prevent steroid-associated osteonecrosis...
- Is helical blade nailing superior to locked minimally invasive plating in unstable pertrochanteric fractures?
Department of Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Clin Orthop Relat Res 470:2302-12. 2012
..Helical blade fixation of the femoral head has the theoretical advantages of higher rotational stability and cutout resistance and should have a lower rate of reoperation than a locked plating technique...
- Knowledge transfer of spinal manipulation skills by student-teachers: a randomised controlled trial
Department of Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstrase 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Eur Spine J 21:992-8. 2012
..To assess the use of peer-assisted learning (PAL) of complex manipulative motor skills with respect to gender in medical students...