- Fibre intake and evolution of BMI: from pre-pregnancy to postpartum
Graduate Studies Program in Epidemiology, Department of Social Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Rua Ramiro Barcelos no 2600 4 andar sala 419, CEP 90035 003, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Public Health Nutr 16:1403-13. 2013
..To evaluate the effect of fibre intake on the evolution of maternal BMI from pregnancy to postpartum and to identify dietary patterns associated with fibre intake...
- Association of second and third trimester weight gain in pregnancy with maternal and fetal outcomes
Graduate Studies Program in Epidemiology, Department of Social Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
PLoS ONE 8:e54704. 2013
..To investigate the association between weekly weight gain, during the second and third trimesters, classified according to the 2009 Institute of Medicine (IOM/NRC) recommendations, and maternal and fetal outcomes...
- Socioeconomic, demographic and nutritional factors associated with maternal weight gain in general practices in Southern Brazil
Programa de Pós Graduação em Epidemiologia, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Rua Ramiro Barcelos 2600, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Cad Saude Publica 26:1024-34. 2010
..Although insufficient weight gain may still be a public health problem, excessive gain is becoming a concern that needs immediate attention in prenatal care...
- Healthy eating index for pregnancy: adaptation for use in pregnant women in Brazil
Programa de Pós Graduação em Epidemiologia, Departamento de Medicina Social, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
Rev Saude Publica 47:20-8. 2013
..To evaluate dietary quality in a sample of pregnant women based on one simple and objective parameter...
- Dietary fibre intake of pregnant women attending general practices in southern Brazil--the ECCAGE Study
Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Graduate Studies Program in Epidemiology, UFRGS Departamento de Medicina Social PPG Epidemiologia, Rua Ramiro Barcelos, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Public Health Nutr 12:1392-8. 2009
..Increase in fibre intake during pregnancy may reduce weight gain, glucose intolerance, dyslipidaemia, pre-eclampsia and constipation. Few studies have evaluated adequacy of fibre intake during pregnancy...
- Violence and depressive symptoms during pregnancy: a primary care study in Brazil
Departamento de Medicina Social, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 45:983-8. 2010
..To estimate the prevalence of violence, depressive symptoms, and associated factors during pregnancy in women attending antenatal care in Brazil...
- Lifestyle INtervention for Diabetes prevention After pregnancy (LINDA-Brasil): study protocol for a multicenter randomized controlled trial
Maria Ines Schmidt
Postgraduate Program in Epidemiology, School of Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, R Ramiro Barcelos, 2600, sala 414, Porto Alegre, RS, 90035 003, Brazil
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 16:68. 2016
- Total and Full-Fat, but Not Low-Fat, Dairy Product Intakes are Inversely Associated with Metabolic Syndrome in Adults
Department of Nutrition and Food and Nutrition Research Center, Postgraduate Program in Epidemiology, School of Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grande, Porto Alegre, Brazil
J Nutr 146:81-9. 2016
..Growing evidence suggests that dairy products may have beneficial cardiometabolic effects. The current guidelines, however, limit the intake of full-fat dairy products...
- Anthropometric and dietary intake indicators as predictors of pulmonary function in cystic fibrosis patients
Gabriele Carra Forte
Programa de Pós Graduação em Ciêncas Pneumológicas, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
J Bras Pneumol 38:470-6. 2012
..To evaluate whether anthropometric and dietary intake indicators are predictors of pulmonary function in cystic fibrosis (CF) patients...
- Associations of dairy intake with glycemia and insulinemia, independent of obesity, in Brazilian adults: the Brazilian Longitudinal Study of Adult Health (ELSA-Brasil)
From the Department of Social Medicine, School of Medicine, Postgraduate Studies Program in Epidemiology, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil MD, MIS, and BBD the Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN MAP the Health Sciences Center, Federal University of Espirito Santo, Vitoria, Brazil MDCBM the Institute of Collective Health, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, Brazil SA and the Center for Clinical and Epidemiologic Research, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil PAL
Am J Clin Nutr 101:775-82. 2015
..Inverse associations between dairy intake and the risk of type 2 diabetes have been shown, but more studies are needed, especially from low- and middle-income countries...
- Association between nutritional status and dietary intake in patients with cystic fibrosis
Míriam Isabel Souza dos Santos Simon
Porto Alegre Hospital de Clínicas, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Rio Grande do Sul Federal University School of Medicine, Porto Alegre, Brazil
J Bras Pneumol 35:966-72. 2009
..To determine the relationship between nutritional status and dietary intake in patients with cystic fibrosis...