- The probiotic Bifidobacteria infantis: An assessment of potential antidepressant properties in the rat
Department of Psychiatry and Alimentary Pharmacobiotic Centre, Biosciences Institute, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
J Psychiatr Res 43:164-74. 2008
..However, these findings are preliminary and further investigation into the precise mechanisms involved, is warranted...
- Sexually dimorphic effects of maternal separation stress on corticotrophin-releasing factor and vasopressin systems in the adult rat brain
Department of Psychiatry and Alimentary Pharmacobiotic Centre, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
Int J Dev Neurosci 26:259-68. 2008
..Furthermore, the sexually dimorphic effects of maternal separation on these neuropeptides indicate that gender is an important factor influencing the trajectory of early life stress effects on CRF and AVP systems in the brain...
- Gut microbiota depletion from early adolescence in mice: Implications for brain and behaviour
Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland Electronic address
Brain Behav Immun 48:165-73. 2015
..Here we assess the effects of gut bacterial depletion from weaning onwards on adult cognitive, social and emotional behaviours and markers of gut-brain axis dysfunction in mice...
- Prenatal stress-induced alterations in major physiological systems correlate with gut microbiota composition in adulthood
Anna V Golubeva
Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
Psychoneuroendocrinology 60:58-74. 2015
..Together, these findings provide novel evidence that PNS induces long-term maladaptive alterations in the gastrointestinal and respiratory systems, accompanied by hyper-responsiveness to stress and alterations in the gut microbiota. ..
- The microbiome: stress, health and disease
Rachel D Moloney
Laboratory of Neurogastroenterology, Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
Mamm Genome 25:49-74. 2014
- Gestational stress leads to depressive-like behavioural and immunological changes in the rat
Siobhain M O'Mahony
Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, University of Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Neuroimmunomodulation 13:82-8. 2006
..The stressed group showed higher levels of all three cytokines. No significant differences in the cytokine concentrations were detected in the hypothalamus, hippocampus or pre-frontal cortex...
- Prenatal maternal paroxetine treatment and neonatal mortality in the rat: a preliminary study
Daniel L A van den Hove
Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, Research Institute Brain and Behavior, European Graduate School of Neuroscience, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Neonatology 93:52-5. 2008
..These results reiterate the need for further research on the effects of paroxetine treatment during gestation...