Tomasz K Wojdacz
Affiliation: University of Aarhus
- Techniques used in studies of age-related DNA methylation changesTomasz K Wojdacz
The Danish Centre for Molecular Gerontology, Institute of Human Genetics, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1067:479-87. 2006..The new technique will serve as an efficient tool in understanding the nature of epigenetic changes and their significance to the aging process and cancer development...
- Limitations and advantages of MS-HRM and bisulfite sequencing for single locus methylation studiesTomasz K Wojdacz
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Aarhus, Wilhelm Meyers Alle 240, Aarhus C, Denmark
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 10:575-80. 2010..Furthermore, we provide the insights into interpretation of the results obtained when a combination of the protocols is used for single-locus methylation studies...
- The limitations of locus specific methylation qualification and quantification in clinical materialTomasz K Wojdacz
The Lundbeck Foundation Centre for International Research in Radiation Oncology Aarhus C, Denmark
Front Genet 3:21. 2012..The limitations of methylation quantification and qualification are discussed in this mini-review...
- No difference in the frequency of locus-specific methylation in the peripheral blood DNA of women diagnosed with breast cancer and age-matched controlsTomasz K Wojdacz
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Aarhus, Wilhelm Meyers Allé 4, The Bartholin Building, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Future Oncol 7:1451-5. 2011....
- Methylation of cancer related genes in tumor and peripheral blood DNA from the same breast cancer patient as two independent eventsTomasz K Wojdacz
The Lundbeck Foundation Centre for International Research in Radiation Oncology, Nørrebrogade 44, Building NO, 5, Aarhus University Hospital, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Diagn Pathol 6:116. 2011..In this study, we aimed to investigate a relationship between methylation of three breast cancer related genes in PB DNA, and tumor specific (somatic) methylation of these genes in the same individual...
- Methylation-sensitive high-resolution melting in the context of legislative requirements for validation of analytical procedures for diagnostic applicationsTomasz K Wojdacz
Lundbeck Foundation Centre for International Research in Radiation Oncology, Aarhus C, Denmark
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 12:39-47. 2012..The focus of this article is to describe the development of the HRM technology for methylation analyses and evaluate the diagnostic applicability of the MS-HRM technology...
- Primer design versus PCR bias in methylation independent PCR amplificationsTomasz K Wojdacz
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Aarhus, Aarhus C DK 8000, Denmark
Epigenetics 4:231-4. 2009..In conclusion, the primers with limited number of CpG sites are able to effectively reverse PCR bias and therefore detect methylated templates with significantly higher sensitivity than CpG free primers...
- Methylation-sensitive high-resolution meltingTomasz K Wojdacz
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Aarhus, The Bartholin Building, Wilhelm Meyers Alle, Bygn 1242, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Nat Protoc 3:1903-8. 2008..Here, we provide a protocol for MS-HRM, which enables highly sensitive, labor- and cost-efficient single-locus methylation studies on the basis of DNA high-resolution melting technology...
- A new approach to primer design for the control of PCR bias in methylation studiesTomasz K Wojdacz
Molecular Pathology Research and Development Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, St, Andrews Place, East Melbourne, VIC 3002, Australia
BMC Res Notes 1:54. 2008..The focus of this brief communication is to point out the important criteria needed for the successful choice of primers that will enable the control of PCR bias in bisulfite based methylation-screening protocols...
- Methylation-sensitive high resolution melting (MS-HRM): a new approach for sensitive and high-throughput assessment of methylationTomasz K Wojdacz
Molecular Pathology Research Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Nucleic Acids Res 35:e41. 2007..The simplicity and high reproducibility of the MS-HRM protocol makes MS-HRM the method of choice for methylation assessment in many diagnostic and research applications...
- Reversal of PCR bias for improved sensitivity of the DNA methylation melting curve assayTomasz K Wojdacz
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Biotechniques 41:274, 276, 278. 2006
- Melting curve assays for DNA methylation analysisTomasz K Wojdacz
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark
Methods Mol Biol 507:229-40. 2009..Here, we briefly review recent advances in methodologies based on melting analyses of PCR products derived from bisulfite-modified templates and provide a methodology for methylation-sensitive high-resolution melting...
- Quality assessment of DNA derived from up to 30 years old formalin fixed paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissue for PCR-based methylation analysis using SMART-MSP and MS-HRMLasse S Kristensen
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Aarhus, The Bartholin Building, Aarhus C, Denmark
BMC Cancer 9:453. 2009..Sensitive Melting Analysis after Real Time - Methylation Specific PCR (SMART-MSP) and Methylation Sensitive - High Resolution Melting (MS-HRM) are two methods for single locus DNA methylation detection based on HRM...
- Identification and validation of highly frequent CpG island hypermethylation in colorectal adenomas and carcinomasBodil Oster
Department of Molecular Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby, Denmark
Int J Cancer 129:2855-66. 2011..The hypermethylation changes often occurred already in adenomas, indicating that they may be used as biomarkers for early detection of CRC...
- Rapid detection of methylation change at H19 in human imprinting disorders using methylation-sensitive high-resolution meltingTomasz K Wojdacz
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark
Hum Mutat 29:1255-60. 2008..We conclude that MS-HRM is a rapid, cost-effective, and sensitive method for screening mosaic methylation changes at the H19 locus in BWS and RS...
- Comprehensive genome methylation analysis in bladder cancer: identification and validation of novel methylated genes and application of these as urinary tumor markersThomas Reinert
Department of Molecular Medicine and Urology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus N, Denmark
Clin Cancer Res 17:5582-92. 2011..We investigated the methylation in bladder cancer with respect to location in genome, consistency, variation in metachronous tumors, impact on transcripts, chromosomal location, and usefulness as urinary markers...
- Identification and validation of candidate epigenetic biomarkers in lung adenocarcinomaIben Daugaard
Department of Biomedicine, Aarhus University, Bartholins Alle 6, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Sci Rep 6:35807. 2016..In conclusion, this study has identified and validated 15 DMRs that can be targeted as biomarkers in LAC...