Affiliation: University of Copenhagen
- Dynamics of nuclei of muscle fibers and connective tissue cells in normal and denervated rat musclesH Schmalbruch
Department of Medical Physiology, Division of Neurophysiology, University of Copenhagen, The Panum Institute, Blegdamsvej 3 C, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Muscle Nerve 23:617-26. 2000..The cause may possibly be that the phase of postdenervation fibrillation is shorter than in other muscles...
- Spinal muscular atrophy: present stateH Schmalbruch
Department of Medical Physiology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Brain Pathol 11:231-47. 2001..These include SMN gene transfer, molecules capable to up-regulate SMN expression and trophic or antiapoptotic factors...
- Ciliary neurotrophic factor prevents degeneration of motor neurons in mouse mutant progressive motor neuronopathyM Sendtner
Department of Neurochemistry, Max Planck Institute for Psychiatry, Martinsried, Germany
Nature 358:502-4. 1992..The protective and restorative effects of CNTF in this mouse mutant give new perspectives for the treatment of human degenerative motor neuron diseases with CNTF...
- Polymer encapsulated cell lines genetically engineered to release ciliary neurotrophic factor can slow down progressive motor neuronopathy in the mouseY Sagot
Department of Pharmacology, Centre Medical Universitaire, Geneva, Switzerland
Eur J Neurosci 7:1313-22. 1995..These results suggest that polymer-encapsulated cells releasing neurotrophic factors may provide a potential delivery system for treating neurodegenerative diseases such as ALS...
- The mouse mutation progressive motor neuronopathy (pmn) maps to chromosome 13A L Brunialti
Unite de Genetique des Mammiferes, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Genomics 29:131-5. 1995..The presence of the Extra-toe (Xt) locus in proximity to pmn will help in the detection of affected progenies before the onset of the degenerative process...
- Gene therapy of murine motor neuron disease using adenoviral vectors for neurotrophic factorsG Haase
INSERM Unit 129, Institut Cochin de Genetique Moleculaire, Paris, France
Nat Med 3:429-36. 1997..Therefore, adenovirus-mediated gene transfer of neurotrophic factors offers new prospects for the treatment of motor neuron diseases...
- Electromyographical and motor performance studies in the pmn mouse model of neurodegenerative diseaseP F Kennel
Departement d Immunologie, Immunopharmacologie et Pathologie, Centre de Recherches Pharmaceutiques, Universite Louis Pasteur, Illkirch, France
Neurobiol Dis 3:137-47. 1996....
- Adenovirus-mediated transfer of the neurotrophin-3 gene into skeletal muscle of pmn mice: therapeutic effects and mechanisms of actionG Haase
INSERM U 129, ICGM, 24, Paris, France
J Neurol Sci 160:S97-105. 1998....
- Protective effects of cardiotrophin-1 adenoviral gene transfer on neuromuscular degeneration in transgenic ALS miceT Bordet
Département de génétique, Institut Cochin de Genetique Moleculaire, 24, rue du Fg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 10:1925-33. 2001..Thus, adenovirus-mediated gene transfer of neurotrophic factors might delay neurogenic muscular atrophy and progressive neuromuscular deficiency in ALS patients...