Frantz Rom Poulsen
Affiliation: University of Southern Denmark
- Organotypic hippocampal slice cultures for studies of brain damage, neuroprotection and neurorepairJens Noraberg
Anatomy and Neurobiology, Institute of Medical Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Curr Drug Targets CNS Neurol Disord 4:435-52. 2005....
- Pilocarpine-induced seizure-like activity with increased BNDF and neuropeptide Y expression in organotypic hippocampal slice culturesFrantz Rom Poulsen
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Southern Denmark Odense, Winsloewparken 21, DK 5000 C, Odense, Denmark
Brain Res 950:103-18. 2002....
- [Generation of new nerve cells in the adult human brain]Frantz Rom Poulsen
Institut for Medicinsk Biologi, Syddansk Universitet, Winsløwparken 21, DK 5000 Odense C
Ugeskr Laeger 165:1443-7. 2003..It is at present not known whether neurogenesis in the adult human brain can be manipulated for specific repair after brain damage...
- Differential expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor transcripts after pilocarpine-induced seizure-like activity is related to mode of Ca2+ entryF R Poulsen
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Institute of Medical Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Winslowparken 21, DK 5000 Odense, Denmark
Neuroscience 126:665-76. 2004....
- Glutamate receptor antagonists and growth factors modulate dentate granule cell neurogenesis in organotypic, rat hippocampal slice culturesFrantz Rom Poulsen
Anatomy and Neurobiology, Institute of Medical Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Winslowparken 21, DK 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Brain Res 1051:35-49. 2005..We conclude that 3 days treatment of 2-week-old hippocampal slice cultures with IGF-I and EGF and NMDA and AMPA glutamate receptor antagonists increase granule cell neurogenesis from preexisting neural precursors...
- Comparison of neuroprotective effects of erythropoietin (EPO) and carbamylerythropoietin (CEPO) against ischemia-like oxygen-glucose deprivation (OGD) and NMDA excitotoxicity in mouse hippocampal slice culturesMaria Montero
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Institute of Medical Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Winsløwparken 21 st, DK 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Exp Neurol 204:106-17. 2007..Both EPO and CEPO significantly reduced formation of spectrin cleavage products in the OGD model. We conclude that CEPO is at least as efficient neuroprotectant as EPO when excitotoxicity is modeled in mouse hippocampal slice cultures...
- [Erythropoietin--effect on neurogenesis in the brain]Morten Meyer
Syddansk Universitet, Institut for Medicinsk Biologi, Anatomi og Neurobiologi
Ugeskr Laeger 164:4551-3. 2002
- Migrating glioma cells express stem cell markers and give rise to new tumors upon xenograftingSune Munthe
Department of Neurosurgery, Odense University Hospital, Sdr Boulevard 29, 5000, Odense, Denmark
J Neurooncol 130:53-62. 2016..Since CSCs are reported to be highly resistant to therapy, these results emphasize that the CSC phenotype should be taken into consideration in future treatment of GBMs...
- Group I metabotropic glutamate receptors reduce excitotoxic injury and may facilitate neurogenesisAndrius Baskys
Department of Mental Health, VA Health Care System, Mental Illness Research and Education Clinical Center, Long Beach, University of California at Irvine, 06 116A, 5901 East Seventh Street Long Beach, CA, 90822 Irvine, CA, USA
Neuropharmacology 49:146-56. 2005....