Affiliation: University of Southern Denmark
- Movement detection impaired in patients with knee osteoarthritis compared to healthy controls: a cross-sectional case-control studyH Lund
Research Initiative for Physiotherapy, Institute of Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact 8:391-400. 2008..This indicates that OA may be associated with a generalized defect in proprioception with possible implications for the pathogenesis of the joint degeneration...
- Can stimulating massage improve joint repositioning error in patients with knee osteoarthritis?Hans Lund
Institute for Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
J Geriatr Phys Ther 32:111-6. 2009....
- A randomized controlled trial of aquatic and land-based exercise in patients with knee osteoarthritisHans Lund
Clinical Motor Function Laboratory, The Parker Institute, Frederiksberg Hospital, Fredriksberg, Denmark
J Rehabil Med 40:137-44. 2008..To compare the efficacy of aquatic exercise and a land-based exercise programme vs control in patients with knee osteoarthritis...
- Influence of pain and gender on impact loading during walking: a randomised trialMarius Henriksen
The Parker Institute Clinical Motor Function Laboratory, Frederiksberg Hospital, Ndr Fasanvej 57, DK 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 23:221-30. 2008..Thus the purpose of this study was to investigate the influence of experimental muscle pain and gender on generation and attenuation of impact loading during walking...
- Experimental quadriceps muscle pain impairs knee joint control during walkingMarius Henriksen
Clinical Motor Function Laboratory, Parker Institute, Frederiksberg Hospital, Ndr Fasanvej 57, DK 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
J Appl Physiol (1985) 103:132-9. 2007....
- The effect of isometric exercise of the hand on the synovial blood flow in patients with rheumatoid arthritis measured by color Doppler ultrasoundKaren Ellegaard
The Parker Institute, Frederiksberg Hospital, Nordre Fasanvej 57, 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
Rheumatol Int 33:65-70. 2013..Patients withdrawing from training had a significantly higher CF than the other patients (P > 0.001). The results in this study might indicate that the flow in the synovium assessed by USD is not affected by grip strength training...
- Relationships between the fibromyalgia impact questionnaire, tender point count, and muscle strength in female patients with fibromyalgia: a cohort studyMarius Henriksen
Frederiksberg Hospital, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Arthritis Rheum 61:732-9. 2009..To test the hypothesis that fibromyalgia (FM) patients with reduced lower extremity strength are more symptomatic and tender than FM patients with normal muscle strength...
- Increased joint loads during walking--a consequence of pain relief in knee osteoarthritisMarius Henriksen
The Parker Institute, Frederiksberg Hospital, Ndr Fasanvej 57, DK 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
Knee 13:445-50. 2006..Although the patients walked with less compressive knee joint forces compared to the reference group, the effects of pain relief may accelerate the degenerative changes...
- Aquatic exercise for the treatment of knee and hip osteoarthritisElse Marie Bartels
The Parker Institute, Copenhagen University Hospital, Bispebjerg og Frederiksberg, Frederiksberg, Denmark, DK 2000
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 3:CD005523. 2016..Clinical trials indicate that aquatic exercise may have advantages for people with osteoarthritis. This is an update of a published Cochrane review...
- Is there a causal link between knee loading and knee osteoarthritis progression? A systematic review and meta-analysis of cohort studies and randomised trialsMarius Henriksen
The Parker Institute, Copenhagen University Hospitals Bispebjerg and Frederiksberg, Copenhagen, Denmark
BMJ Open 4:e005368. 2014..We performed a systematic review, meta-analysis and assessed the evidence supporting a causal link between knee joint loading during walking and structural knee osteoarthritis (OA) progression...
- Dynamic control of the lumbopelvic complex; lack of reliability of established test proceduresMarius Henriksen
The Parker Institute, Frederiksberg Hospital, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Eur Spine J 16:733-40. 2007....
- Influence of recent exercise and skin temperature on ultrasound Doppler measurements in patients with rheumatoid arthritis--an intervention studyKaren Ellegaard
The Parker Institute, Frederiksberg Hospital, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:1520-3. 2009..It is unclear, however, whether the hyperaemia alone reflects the disease activity or may be influenced by other factors...
- Restrictions in quality of life after intramedullary nailing of tibial shaft fracture: a retrospective follow-up study of 223 casesPeter Larsen
Department of Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy and Orthopaedic Surgery Research Unit, Research and Innovation Center, Aalborg University Hospital, Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark Faculty of Medicine, Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark Research Unit for Musculoskeletal Function and Physiotherapy, Institute for Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark Physiotherapy Department, University College of Northern Denmark, Aalborg, Denmark and Laboratory for Musculoskeletal Pain and Motor Control, Center for Sensory Motor Interaction SMI, Department of Health Science and Technology, Faculty of Medicine, Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark
J Orthop Trauma 28:507-12. 2014..To evaluate the long-term outcome after intramedullary nailing of tibial shaft fracture...
- Volume estimation of extensor muscles of the lower leg based on MR imagingHans Lund
The Parker Institute, Frederiksberg Hospital, 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
Eur Radiol 12:2982-7. 2002..The manually outlining of extensor muscles volumes was reliable and only 8 slices of the calf were needed. No difference was seen between the two used mathematical calculations...
- A hierarchy of patient-reported outcomes for meta-analysis of knee osteoarthritis trials: empirical evidence from a survey of high impact journalsCarsten Juhl
Research Unit for Musculoskeletal Function and Physiotherapy, Institute of Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics, University of Southern Denmark, 5230 Odense M, Denmark
Arthritis 2012:136245. 2012..As choosing the PRO most favourable for the intervention from individual trials can lead to biased estimates, using a prioritised list as developed in this study is recommended to reduce risk of biased selection of PROs in meta-analyses...
- Impulse-forces during walking are not increased in patients with knee osteoarthritisMarius Henriksen
The Parker Institute, Frederiksberg Hospital Frederiksberg, DK 2000 Denmark
Acta Orthop 77:650-6. 2006..We thus evaluated the impulsive sagittal ground reaction forces (iGRF), shock waves and lower extremity joint kinematics at heel strike during walking in knee osteoarthritis (OA) patients and compared them to those in healthy subjects...
- Inhibition of maximal voluntary contraction force by experimental muscle pain: a centrally mediated mechanismThomas Graven-Nielsen
Center for Sensory Motor Interaction, Laboratory for Experimental Pain Research, Aalborg University, Fredrik Bajers Vej 7D 3, DK 9220 Aalborg E, Denmark
Muscle Nerve 26:708-12. 2002..This indicates that force inhibition by muscle pain is centrally mediated. This has clinical implications for rehabilitation and training of patients with musculoskeletal pain...