Affiliation: University of Southern Denmark
- Effects of vibration and resistance training on neuromuscular and hormonal measuresThue Kvorning
Institute of Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, 5230, Odense M, Denmark
Eur J Appl Physiol 96:615-25. 2006..05). We conclude that combined WBV and CRT did not additionally increase MVC and mechanical performance compared with CRT alone. Furthermore, WBV alone did not increase MVC and mechanical performance in spite of increased GH...
- Mechanical muscle function and lean body mass during supervised strength training and testosterone therapy in aging men with low-normal testosterone levelsThue Kvorning
Institute of Sport Science and Clinical Biomechanics, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
J Am Geriatr Soc 61:957-62. 2013..To examine the effect of strength training and testosterone therapy on mechanical muscle function and lean body mass (LBM) in aging men with low-normal testosterone levels in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled 24-week study...
- Suppression of testosterone does not blunt mRNA expression of myoD, myogenin, IGF, myostatin or androgen receptor post strength training in humansThue Kvorning
Institute of Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
J Physiol 578:579-93. 2007..Therefore, in the present study, the molecular events were the same, despite divergent muscle hypertrophy and strength gains...
- Suppression of endogenous testosterone production attenuates the response to strength training: a randomized, placebo-controlled, and blinded intervention studyThue Kvorning
Institute of Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, 5230 Odense M, Denmark
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 291:E1325-32. 2006..0 kg and decreased 0.6 +/- 1.2 kg in the goserelin and placebo groups, respectively (P < 0.05 within and between groups). We conclude that endogenous testosterone is of paramount importance to the adaptation to strength training...
- Differential effects of strength training and testosterone treatment on soluble CD36 in aging men: Possible relation to changes in body compositionDorte Glintborg
a Department of Endocrinology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 75:659-66. 2015..We measured soluble CD36 (sCD36) and body composition to determine the effects of testosterone treatment (TT) and/or strength training (ST) on cardiovascular risk in men with low normal testosterone levels...
- [Are fitness centres part of the health care sector?]Laerke Stidsen
Syddansk Universitet, Institut for Idraet, Odense M
Ugeskr Laeger 170:2790-4. 2008..The purpose of the present study is to describe the extent of musculoskeletal problems among members of fitness centres and the degree of communication between the centres and the health care sector...