Affiliation: University of Southern Denmark
- Results from screening for gestational diabetes mellitus in a Danish countyJ Kvetny
Department of Internal Medicine and Department of Obstetrics, Esbjerg County Hospital
Dan Med Bull 46:57-9. 1999..8 mmol/l (equivalent to blood glucose 6.9 mmol/l) (WHO criteria) or blood glucose > 6.7 mmol/l (local criteria) after 2 h 75 g oral glucose load)...
- Randomized placebo-controlled trial of perindopril in normotensive, normoalbuminuric patients with type 1 diabetes mellitusJ Kvetny
Section of Endocrinology and Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Esbjerg County Hospital, Esbjerg, Denmark
QJM 94:89-94. 2001..007), Wilcoxon matched paired test) was observed. There were no differences between the groups regarding MBP or GFR. The nephroprotective effects of ACE inhibitor treatment was not associated with the ACE genotype (II, ID, DD)...
- Incidence of gestational hypertension in gestational diabetes mellitusJan Kvetny
Section of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, Esbjerg County Hospital, 6700 Esbjerg, Denmark
Arch Gynecol Obstet 267:153-7. 2003..The correlation between urine albumin excretion and complications might suggest that regulating GH should strive to normalise ACR in women with GDM...
- Subclinical hypothyroidism is associated with a low-grade inflammation, increased triglyceride levels and predicts cardiovascular disease in males below 50 yearsJ Kvetny
Section of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, Esbjerg County Hospital, Oerum Health Centre, University of Southern Denmark, Esbjerg, Denmark
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 61:232-8. 2004..The purpose of the present study was to examine a possible association between subclinical hypothyroidism and cardiovascular disease...
- Subclinical hyperthyroidism in patients with nodular goiter represents a hypermetabolic stateJ Kvetny
Section of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, Esbjerg County Hospital, Esbjerg, Denmark
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 113:122-6. 2005....
- Transient hyperthyroxinemia in newborns from women with autoimmune thyroid disease and raised levels of thyroid peroxidase antibodiesJan Kvetny
Endocrinological Clinic, Esbjerg County Hospital, Esbjerg, Denmark
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 19:817-22. 2006....
- Subclinical hypothyroidism affects mitochondrial functionJ Kvetny
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Horm Metab Res 42:324-7. 2010..u, p=0.04). Our results indicate an increased mitochondrial stimulation, eventually caused by increased deiodination of T(4) to intracellular bioactive iodothyronines in adults and adolescents with subclinical hypothyroidism...
- Magnetic resonance imaging determination of extraocular eye muscle volume in patients with thyroid-associated ophthalmopathy and proptosisJan Kvetny
Department of Endocrinology, Esbjerg County Hospital, Esbjerg, Denmark
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 84:419-23. 2006....
- Thyroid hormone effect on human mitochondria measured by flow cytometryJan Kvetny
The Mitochondrial Research Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Clinical Biochemistry Department of Clinical Pathology, Naestved Sygehus, Naestved, Denmark
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 69:772-6. 2009..Mitochondrial function may be impaired in a number of diseases including metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease and endocrine disorders. Therefore it is important to be able to measure mitochondrial function in human cells...