Affiliation: University of Southern Denmark
- Tissue-type plasminogen activator and C-reactive protein in acute coronary heart disease. A nested case-control studyJ Gram
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Ribe County Hospital, South Jutland University Centre, Esbjerg, Denmark
J Intern Med 247:205-12. 2000..To study the importance of inflammation and fibrinolysis for evolution of ischaemic heart disease in a cohort of initially healthy subjects...
- Reactive coagulation induced by plasmin in patients treated with recombinant tissue-type plasminogen activatorJ Gram
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Ribe County Hospital, Esbjerg, Denmark
Coron Artery Dis 4:371-7. 1993..Plasmin inhibitors might be used in relation to thrombolytic therapy as indirect "antithrombotics."..
- Effects of mealtime insulin aspart and bedtime neutral protamine Hagedorn insulin on postprandial coagulation and fibrinolysis in patients with type 2 diabetesE M Bladbjerg
Unit for Thrombosis Research, Institute of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark, Esbjerg, Denmark
Diabetes Obes Metab 14:447-53. 2012..We hypothesized that rapid-acting insulin has a beneficial postprandial effect on coagulation and fibrinolysis compared with intermediate-acting insulin because of its ability to lower postprandial hyperglycaemia...
- DNA-polymorphisms and plasma levels of vascular disease risk factors in Greenland Inuit--is there a relation with the low risk of cardiovascular disease in the Inuit?M P de Maat
Department of Thrombosis Research, University of Southern Denmark, Ribe County Hospital, Esbjerg
Thromb Haemost 81:547-52. 1999....
- The effect of chemical anti-inhibitors on fibrinolytic enzymes and inhibitorsJ Sidelmann
Institute for Thrombosis Research, South Jutland University Centre, Ribe County Hospital, Esbjerg, Denmark
Clin Chim Acta 261:43-56. 1997..Methylamine affects only plasmin inhibition. We conclude that chemical anti-inhibitors may invalidate the analytical specificity of methods for the determination of fibrinolytic serine protease activity...
- Lupus anticoagulant is significantly associated with inflammatory reactions in patients with suspected deep vein thrombosisJ J Sidelmann
Department for Thrombosis Research, University of Southern Denmark, Esbjerg, Denmark
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 67:270-9. 2007..In this study the associations between aPL, LA and inflammation were investigated in 170 consecutive patients without SLE, but with a tentative diagnosis of DVT...
- Calibrated kallikrein generation in human plasmaD Biltoft
Unit for Thrombosis Research, Department of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark, Esbjerg, Denmark Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Hospital of South West Denmark, Esbjerg, Denmark Electronic address
Clin Biochem 49:1188-1194. 2016..A global generation assay measuring the initial phase of the contact system could be a valuable tool for studies of its physiological role...
- P228Association of vessel wall changes with cardiovascular risk markers in healthy individualsR Ramanathan
IST, University of Southern Denmark, Unit for Thrombosis Research, Esbjerg, Denmark
Cardiovasc Res 103:S40. 2014..To characterize subclinical atherosclerosis in healthy, non-medicated middle-aged individuals and to compare these findings with classical cardiovascular risk factors and biochemical markers of inflammation and endothelial dysfunction...
- Subclinical hypothyroidism is associated with a low-grade inflammation, increased triglyceride levels and predicts cardiovascular disease in males below 50 yearsJ Kvetny
Section of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, Esbjerg County Hospital, Oerum Health Centre, University of Southern Denmark, Esbjerg, Denmark
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 61:232-8. 2004..The purpose of the present study was to examine a possible association between subclinical hypothyroidism and cardiovascular disease...
- Effects of inhaled plasminogen activator on the balance between coagulation and fibrinolysis in traumatized pigsA M B Münster
Department of Thrombosis Research, University of Southern Denmark, Esbjerg, Denmark
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 13:591-601. 2002..In conclusion, the study shows that activatable scu-PA can be nebulized to the lower respiratory tract and can increase the alveolar fibrinolysis without any significant systemic effects...
- Effect of inhaled heparin on lung function and coagulation in healthy volunteersK E Bendstrup
Dept of Internal Medicine, Esbjerg Hospital, University of Southern Denmark
Eur Respir J 19:606-10. 2002..01), 200,000 (p=0.01), 300,000 (p=0.006) and 400,000 IU (p<0.001). Inhaled heparin delivery of 32,000 International Units to the lower respiratory tract can safely be inhaled for clinical or research purposes...
- Positive impact of hormone replacement therapy on the fibrinolytic system: a long-term randomized controlled study in healthy postmenopausal womenJ S Madsen
Departments of Clinical Biochemistry and Endocrinology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
J Thromb Haemost 1:1984-91. 2003..Impaired fibrinolytic function is associated with an enhanced risk of cardiovascular disease and therefore the effect of HRT on fibrinolysis may be of importance...
- Relationship of glucose concentrations with PAI-1 and t-PA in subjects with normal glucose toleranceP E Heldgaard
Ørum Health Centre, Tjele, Denmark
Diabet Med 23:887-93. 2006..6 mmol/l...
- Evaluation of methods for prediction of bone mineral density by clinical and biochemical variables in perimenopausal womenP Vestergaard
The Osteoporosis Clinic, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Aarhus Amtssygehus, Afd. 900, Tage Hansens Gade 2, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Maturitas 40:211-20. 2001..When applied to a separate population, the models performed poorly. CONCLUSIONS: Simple clinical and biochemical variables are not useful to predict spinal and femoral BMD in the individual perimenopausal woman...
- Hormone replacement therapy dissociates fat mass and bone mass, and tends to reduce weight gain in early postmenopausal women: a randomized controlled 5-year clinical trial of the Danish Osteoporosis Prevention StudyL B Jensen
Department of Rheumatology, Amager Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Bone Miner Res 18:333-42. 2003..The data suggest that women's attitudes to HRT are more positive if they have low body weight, but there is no evidence that the conclusions in this study are skewed by selection bias...