Affiliation: University of Copenhagen
- Systemic intermittent parathyroid hormone treatment improves osseointegration of press-fit inserted implants in cancellous boneHenrik Daugaard
Orthopaedic Research Laboratory, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Acta Orthop 83:411-9. 2012..PTH in rat models leads to improved fixation of implants in low-density bone or screw insertion transcortically...
- Bone growth enhancement in vivo on press-fit titanium alloy implants with acid etched microtextureHenrik Daugaard
Orthopaedic Research Laboratory, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Aarhus University Hospital, Norrebrogade 44, Building 1A, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Biomed Mater Res A 87:434-40. 2008..These results show that secondary roughening of titanium alloy implant surface by dual acid etching increases bone formation at the implant bone interface...
- The effect on bone growth enhancement of implant coatings with hydroxyapatite and collagen deposited electrochemically and by plasma sprayHenrik Daugaard
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research Laboratory, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
J Biomed Mater Res A 92:913-21. 2010..Addition of collagen to the mineralized phase of the coating to create a more bone natural surface did not improve the osseoconductive effect of HA...
- Parathyroid hormone treatment increases fixation of orthopedic implants with gap healing: a biomechanical and histomorphometric canine study of porous coated titanium alloy implants in cancellous boneHenrik Daugaard
Orthopaedic Department, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Calcif Tissue Int 88:294-303. 2011..With further studies, PTH may potentially be used clinically to enhance tissue integration in these challenging environments...
- The influence of parathyroid hormone treatment on implant fixationHenrik Daugaard
Department of Orthopaedics, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Dan Med Bull 58:B4317. 2011..The aim of the studies in this PhD thesis was to determine if implant fixation of experimental implants can be improved with adjuvant intermittent administration of parathyroid hormone...