Palle Mark Christensen
Affiliation: University of Southern Denmark
- Expressing effects of osteoporosis interventions in terms of postponing of fracturesPalle Mark Christensen
Clinical Pharmacology, Institute of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark, Winsloewparken 19, 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 58:629-33. 2002..To estimate the effect from an osteoporosis intervention in terms of postponement of hip fractures...
- A randomized trial of laypersons' perception of the benefit of osteoporosis therapy: number needed to treat versus postponement of hip fracturePalle Mark Christensen
Research Unit of Clinical Pharmacology, Institute of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark, Winsloewparken 19, 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Clin Ther 25:2575-85. 2003..An alternative to such risk-based measures is postponement of an adverse outcome (eg, hip fracture in the case of osteoporosis)...
- [Evaluation of the effects of treatment of osteoporosis]Palle Mark Christensen
Syddansk Universitet, Forskningsenheden for klinisk farmakologi
Ugeskr Laeger 167:1031-3. 2005
- Cost-effectiveness of alendronate in the prevention of osteoporotic fractures in Danish womenPalle Mark Christensen
Research Unit of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Southern Denmark, 5000 Odense, Denmark
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 96:387-96. 2005..In conclusion, the use of alendronate compares well with other well established therapies in terms of cost-effectiveness in older women with high risk of fracture...
- Number-needed-to-treat (NNT)--needs treatment with carePalle Mark Christensen
Research Unit of Clinical Pharmacology and Research Unit for General Practice, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 99:12-6. 2006..Finally, empirical studies indicate that lay people and doctors misunderstand NNT. We recommend that NNT be used with considerable care. There is probably no single effect measure that is able to convey all necessary information...
- Teriparatide (biosynthetic human parathyroid hormone 1-34): a new paradigm in the treatment of osteoporosisKim T Brixen
Department of Endocrinology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 94:260-70. 2004..Other parathyroid hormone analogues are being investigated in clinical trials and the development of non-peptide, small molecules targeted at the parathyroid hormone receptor may be envisaged...
- [Pharmaco-economic evaluation of drug therapy osteoporosis. A literature review]Palle Mark Christensen
Odense Universitetshospital, Endokrinologisk Afdeling, Syddansk Universitet, Klinisk Farmakologi og Sundhedsøkonomi, DSI Institut for Sundhedsvaesen, København
Ugeskr Laeger 164:1339-45. 2002..The aim of this paper was to evaluate existing literature by applying cost-effectiveness (CEA) and cost-utility analyses (CUA) to pharmacological treatment of osteoporosis...
- [Compliance with the treatment of osteoporosis with diphosphonates. A questionnaire among postmenopausal women]Rasmus Wulff
Odense Universitetshospital, Endokrinologisk Afdeling M, Sektion for Klinisk Farmakologi
Ugeskr Laeger 166:49-53. 2004
- [Breakthrough in the treatment of osteoporosis]Kim T Brixen
Ugeskr Laeger 166:2649. 2004