Affiliation: University of Copenhagen
- Effect of long-term treatment with inhaled budesonide on adult height in children with asthmaL Agertoft
Department of Pediatrics, University of Southern Denmark and Kolding Hospital, Kolding
N Engl J Med 343:1064-9. 2000..Short-term studies have shown that inhaled corticosteroids may reduce the growth of children with asthma. However, the effect of long-term treatment on adult height is uncertain...
- Lower-leg growth rates in children with asthma during treatment with ciclesonide and fluticasone propionateLone Agertoft
Pediatric Research Unit, Kolding Hospital, University of Southern Denmark, Kolding, Denmark
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 21:e199-205. 2010..CIC had no significant effect on lower-leg growth rate in children aged 6-12 yr with mild asthma. In contrast, a similar dose of FP significantly reduced lower-leg growth rate compared with placebo and CIC...
- Influence of particle size on lung deposition and pharmacokinetics of beclomethasone dipropionate in childrenL Agertoft
Department of Pediatrics, Kolding Hospital, Kolding, Denmark
Pediatr Pulmonol 35:192-9. 2003..7 hr). Mean T((1/2)) and clearance after i.v. administration were 1.7 hr and 0.9 L/min, respectively. The HFA Autohaler delivers approximately three times as much BDP to the intrapulmonary airways as a CFC-pMDI with a large volume spacer...
- Lung deposition and systemic availability of fluticasone Diskus and budesonide Turbuhaler in childrenLone Agertoft
Department of Paediatrics, Kolding Hospital, Kolding, Denmark
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 168:779-82. 2003..Pharmacokinetic studies with BUD and FP can be simplified because the two treatments can be administered on the same day...
- Short-term lower-leg growth rate and urine cortisol excretion in children treated with ciclesonideLone Agertoft
Department of Paeditrics, University of Southern Denmark, Kolding Hospital, Denmark
J Allergy Clin Immunol 115:940-5. 2005..Measurement of short-term lower-leg growth rate in children by means of knemometry has become established as an integral part of the available measures of systemic activity of topical steroids in children...
- Drug delivery from the Turbuhaler and Nebuhaler pressurized metered dose inhaler to various age groups of children with asthmaL Agertoft
Department of Pediatrics, Kolding Hospital, Denmark
J Aerosol Med 12:161-9. 1999..It is concluded that drug delivery to a child with asthma varies with age and inhalation device. Further studies are needed to assess the clinical importance of this finding...
- Treatment of exercise-induced asthma with beclomethasone dipropionate in children with asthmaR Petersen
Dept of Paediatrics, Kolding Hospital, 6000 Kolding, Denmark
Eur Respir J 24:932-7. 2004..Further studies are needed to assess whether q.d. administration of beclomethasone dipropionate is as effective as b.i.d. administration...
- Perinatal risk factors of adverse outcome in very preterm children: a role of initial treatment of respiratory insufficiency?B Mølholm Hansen
Department of Neonatology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Paediatr 93:185-9. 2004..To investigate risk factors of adverse outcome in a cohort of very preterm children treated mainly with nasal continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) during the neonatal course...
- Placebo-controlled study of montelukast and budesonide on short-term growth in prepubertal asthmatic childrenSøren Pedersen
University of Southern Denmark, Kolding Hospital, Kolding, Denmark
Pediatr Pulmonol 42:838-43. 2007..The aim of this study was to assess the influence of montelukast on short-term lower leg growth rate (LLGR) in prepubertal children with asthma...
- Cumulative high doses of inhaled formoterol have less systemic effects in asthmatic children 6-11 years-old than cumulative high doses of inhaled terbutalineRikke Kaae
Kolding Hospital, Kolding, Denmark
Br J Clin Pharmacol 58:411-8. 2004..To evaluate high dose tolerability and relative systemic dose potency between inhaled clinically equipotent dose increments of formoterol and terbutaline in children...
- [Double-blind randomized trial of the effect of Bidro on hay fever in children]Anna Helene Andersen
Kolding Sygehus, Paediatrisk Forskningscenter, og Odense Universitetshospital, Børneafdelingen
Ugeskr Laeger 167:3591-4. 2005..Several case reports suggest marked clinical benefits. Our aim was to assess whether treatment with royal jelly modifies the development of allergic hay fever symptoms in children with pollen allergy...