Affiliation: The University Hospitals Centre for Nursing and Care Research
- Patient Activation through Counseling and Exercise--Acute Leukemia (PACE-AL)--a randomized controlled trialMary Jarden
The University Hospitals Centre for Health Research UCSF, Department 9701, Copenhagen University Hospital Rigshospitalet, Blegdamsvej 9, Copenhagen, DK 2100, Denmark
BMC Cancer 13:446. 2013..A randomized controlled trial is needed to determine if patients with acute leukemia can benefit by a structured and supervised counseling and exercise program...
- The emerging role of exercise and health counseling in patients with acute leukemia undergoing chemotherapy during outpatient managementMary Jarden
Department of Hematology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Leuk Res 37:155-61. 2013..0471) and physical component scale (p=0.0295) (SF36). Significant reduction in the symptom burden (p=0.0021) and symptom interference on daily life activities (p=0.0069) (MDASI). No adverse reactions were observed...
- Pilot study of a multimodal intervention: mixed-type exercise and psychoeducation in patients undergoing allogeneic stem cell transplantationM Jarden
Department of Haematology, The University Hospital of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:793-800. 2007..An intervention of this type may be a useful strategy for maintaining or improving muscle strength, and minimizing loss of physical and functional capacity in patients undergoing allo-HSCT...
- A randomized trial on the effect of a multimodal intervention on physical capacity, functional performance and quality of life in adult patients undergoing allogeneic SCTM Jarden
Department of Hematology, The University Hospital of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Bone Marrow Transplant 43:725-37. 2009..Assignment of a multimodal intervention during allo-HSCT did not cause untoward events, sustained aerobic capacity and muscle strength and reduced loss of functional performance during hospitalization...
- The effect of a multimodal intervention on treatment-related symptoms in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: a randomized controlled trialMary Jarden
Department of Hematology, The University Hospitals Center for Nursing and Care Research, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Pain Symptom Manage 38:174-90. 2009..This study provides beginning evidence for the efficacy of an exercise-based multimodal intervention in reducing the intensity of a spectrum of symptoms in this small sample of patients undergoing allo-HSCT...
- Health related quality of life and impact of infectious comorbidity in outpatient management of patients with acute leukemiaTom Møller
UCSF, The University Hospital s Center for Nursing and Care Research, Copenhagen, Denmark
Leuk Lymphoma 53:1896-904. 2012..Explorative general linear models (GLMs) suggest that high cumulative severity of infectious comorbidity significantly reduces physical functioning and overall quality of life at treatment completion...
- Early warning and prevention of pneumonia in acute leukemia by patient education, spirometry, and positive expiratory pressure: A randomized controlled trialTom Møller
University Hospitals Centre for Health Research UCSF, Copenhagen, Denmark
Am J Hematol 91:271-6. 2016..Am. J. Hematol. 91:271-276, 2016. © 2015 The Authors. American Journal of Hematology Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..