- Use of fly screens to reduce Campylobacter spp. introduction in broiler houses
Technical University of Denmark, Aarhus, Denmark
Emerg Infect Dis 13:1951-3. 2007
..positive flocks from 51.4% in control houses to 15.4% in case houses. A proportional reduction in the incidence of chicken-borne campylobacteriosis can be expected by comprehensive intervention against flies in broiler production houses...
- Influxed insects as vectors for Campylobacter jejuni and Campylobacter coli in Danish broiler houses
National Veterinary Institute, Technical University of Denmark, Hangøvej 2, DK 8200, Arhus N, Denmark
Poult Sci 87:1428-34. 2008
..0078) and with the outdoor temperature (P < 0.0032). We conclude that the influx of large numbers of flies to broiler houses constitutes a considerable risk for infection of broilers with C. jejuni and C. coli...
- Role of batch depletion of broiler houses on the occurrence of Campylobacter spp. in chicken flocks
Danish Veterinary Laboratory, Aarhus, Denmark
Lett Appl Microbiol 32:253-6. 2001
..The effect of batch depletion of broiler houses for campylobacter occurrence in broiler flocks was estimated in 10 flocks, each comprising a separate female and male batch...
- The role of litter beetles as potential reservoir for Salmonella enterica and thermophilic Campylobacter spp. between broiler flocks
M N Skov
Danish Veterinary Institute, Hangøvej 2, DK 8200 Arhus, Denmark
Avian Dis 48:9-18. 2004
..indiana between the two flocks. Concerning campylobacter, the results suggest that beetles do not play a significant role as a reservoir of campylobacter from one rotation to the next...
- Intestinal colonization of broiler chickens by Campylobacter spp. in an experimental infection study
National Veterinary Institute, Division of Poultry, Fish and Fur Animals, Technical University of Denmark, Aarhus, Denmark
Epidemiol Infect 143:2381-9. 2015
..f.u./g compared to the arithmetic mean of the individual samples. There was a significant correlation between faecal c.f.u./g at days 4 and 7 p.i., days 7 and 12 p.i. and for caecal and faecal c.f.u./g at day 12 p.i. ..
- Longitudinal study of the excretion patterns of thermophilic Campylobacter spp. in young pet dogs in Denmark
Department of Poultry, Fish, and Fur Animals, Danish Institute for Food and Veterinary Research, DK 8200 Arhus N, Denmark
J Clin Microbiol 42:2003-12. 2004
..predominantly C. jejuni. C. jejuni was more prevalent in dogs between 3 months and 1 year of age than in dogs between 1 and 2 years of age...
- Flies and Campylobacter infection of broiler flocks
Danish Institute for Food and Veterinary Research, Department of Poultry, Fish, and Fur Animals, Arhus, Denmark
Emerg Infect Dis 10:1490-2. 2004
..Our study suggests that flies may be an important source of Campylobacter infection of broiler flocks in summer...