Affiliation: Statens Serum Institut
- Management of Mycoplasma genitalium infections - can we hit a moving target?Jørgen Skov Jensen
Microbiology and Infection Control, Sexually Transmitted Bacterial Infections, Research and Development, Statens Serum Institut, Artillerivej 5, Copenhagen, DK 2300, Denmark
BMC Infect Dis 15:343. 2015..There is a critical need for trials of combinations of existing registered drugs and new antimicrobial compounds, implementation of diagnostic testing combined with molecular detection of resistance, and antimicrobial surveillance...
- In vitro activity of the new fluoroketolide solithromycin (CEM-101) against macrolide-resistant and -susceptible Mycoplasma genitalium strainsJørgen Skov Jensen
Microbiology and Infection Control, Sexually Transmitted Bacterial Infections, Research and Development, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 58:3151-6. 2014..trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae, suggesting that solithromycin could be a treatment option for several sexually transmitted infections, including in syndromic treatment of urethral and vaginal discharge. ..
- Expanding the diagnostic use of PCR in leptospirosis: improved method for DNA extraction from blood culturesSteen Villumsen
Department of Microbiological Surveillance and Research, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 5:e12095. 2010..However, blood cultures contain inhibitors of PCR that are not readily removed by most DNA-extraction methods, primarily sodium polyanetholesulfonate (SPS)...
- Vaginal microbiome in women from Greenland assessed by microscopy and quantitative PCRRaluca Datcu
Microbiology and Infection Control, STI, Research and Development, Statens Serum Institut, Artillerivej 5, DK 2300, Copenhagen S, Denmark
BMC Infect Dis 13:480. 2013..The aim of this study was to analyse the composition of vaginal microbiota in women from Greenland to provide a quantitative description and improve the understanding of BV...
- Protocol for the detection of Mycoplasma genitalium by PCR from clinical specimens and subsequent detection of macrolide resistance-mediating mutations in region V of the 23S rRNA geneJørgen Skov Jensen
Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
Methods Mol Biol 903:129-39. 2012..Here we describe a TaqMan-based PCR test for detection of the infection and a conventional PCR that serves as a confirmatory assay with the possibility of sequencing the product for detection of macrolide resistance-mediating mutations...
- Short tandem repeat sequences in the Mycoplasma genitalium genome and their use in a multilocus genotyping systemLiang Ma
Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
BMC Microbiol 8:130. 2008..genitalium using the newly developed system...
- Determination of PCR efficiency in chelex-100 purified clinical samples and comparison of real-time quantitative PCR and conventional PCR for detection of Chlamydia pneumoniaeTina Mygind
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Aarhus, Denmark
BMC Microbiol 2:17. 2002..Real-time PCR could be an attractive new PCR method; therefore it must be evaluated and compared to conventional PCR methods...
- Infrequent detection of Pneumocystis jirovecii by PCR in oral wash specimens from TB patients with or without HIV and healthy contacts in TanzaniaLotte Jensen
Department of Infectious Diseases, Rigshospitalet, Denmark
BMC Infect Dis 10:140. 2010..We therefore assessed the prevalence of P. jirovecii by PCR in oral wash specimens among TB patients and healthy individuals in an HIV- and TB-endemic area of sub-Saharan Africa...
- Detection of Pneumocystis DNA in samples from patients suspected of bacterial pneumonia--a case-control studyJannik Helweg-Larsen
Copenhagen HIV Programme, Department of Infectious Diseases, Copenhagen, Denmark
BMC Infect Dis 2:28. 2002..To investigate the clinical importance of a positive Pneumocystis-PCR among HIV-uninfected patients suspected of bacterial pneumonia, a retrospective matched case-control study was conducted...
- Azithromycin treatment failure in Mycoplasma genitalium-positive patients with nongonococcal urethritis is associated with induced macrolide resistanceJørgen S Jensen
Mycoplasma Laboratory, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Infect Dis 47:1546-53. 2008..The aim of the study was to establish the reason for the occasional treatment failures...
- Unexpected cross-reaction with Fusobacterium necrophorum in a PCR for detection of mycoplasmasJ S Jensen
Mycoplasma Laboratory, Neisseria Department, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Clin Microbiol 37:828-9. 1999..Twenty-five strains of Fusobacterium were examined; all 14 F. necrophorum strains reacted positively, whereas all 7 Fusobacterium nucleatum strains reacted negatively. Two strains that were not F. necrophorum yielded variable results...
- Mycoplasma genitalium infections. Diagnosis, clinical aspects, and pathogenesisJørgen Skov Jensen
Department of Bacteriology, Mycology and Parasitology, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
Dan Med Bull 53:1-27. 2006
- Comparison of first void urine and urogenital swab specimens for detection of Mycoplasma genitalium and Chlamydia trachomatis by polymerase chain reaction in patients attending a sexually transmitted disease clinicJørgen Skov Jensen
Mycoplasma Laboratory, Department of Respiratory Infections, Meningitis, and Sexually Transmitted Infections, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen S, Denmark
Sex Transm Dis 31:499-507. 2004....
- Use of TaqMan 5' nuclease real-time PCR for quantitative detection of Mycoplasma genitalium DNA in males with and without urethritis who were attendees at a sexually transmitted disease clinicJørgen Skov Jensen
Mycoplasma Laboratory, Statens Serum Institut, DK 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
J Clin Microbiol 42:683-92. 2004..Urethral swab specimens from patients with urethral discharge had a significantly higher DNA load than specimens from patients without discharge. This correlation was not found in first-void urine specimens...
- Mycoplasma genitalium: the aetiological agent of urethritis and other sexually transmitted diseasesJørgen Skov Jensen
Mycoplasma Laboratory, Statens Serum Institut, Artillerivej 5, DK 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 18:1-11. 2004..The optimal treatment of M. genitalium infections remains to be determined, but antibiotics of the macrolide group appear to be more active than tetracyclines...
- Detection of Mycoplasma genitalium by PCR amplification of the 16S rRNA geneJørgen Skov Jensen
Mycoplasma Laboratory, Department of Respiratory Infections, Meningitis, and Sexually Transmitted Infections, Statens Serum Institut, DK 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
J Clin Microbiol 41:261-6. 2003..These results indicate that estimates of the prevalence of M. genitalium in various populations using MgPa PCR primers could be incorrectly low if the PCR primers are located in variable regions of the MgPa gene...
- Sequence-based typing of Mycoplasma genitalium reveals sexual transmissionSofie Vetli Hjorth
Mycoplasma Laboratory, Statens Serum Institut, DK 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
J Clin Microbiol 44:2078-83. 2006..In the laboratory, this system may document the uniqueness of newly isolated M. genitalium strains...
- Comparison of culture and PCR for detection of Bordetella pertussis and Bordetella parapertussis under routine laboratory conditionsDitte M Dragsted
Department of Bacteriology, Statens Serum Institut, Artillerivej 5, DK 2300, Copenhagen S, Denmark
J Med Microbiol 53:749-54. 2004..The PCR assay is considered highly specific due to the amplification of two different sequences in two separate assays...