Genomes and Genes
Henrik Berg Rasmussen
- Novel procedure for genotyping of the human serotonin transporter gene-linked polymorphic region (5-HTTLPR)--a region with a high level of allele diversityHenrik B Rasmussen
Research Institute of Biological Psychiatry, H S Sct Hans Hospital, Copenhagen University Hospitals, 2 Boserupvej, DK 4000 Roskilde, Denmark
Psychiatr Genet 17:287-91. 2007..Of importance, 5-HTTLPR alleles composed of the same number of basic units may differ at single nucleotide positions providing an additional source of variation...
- Cognitive impairment in elderly women: the relative importance of selected genes, lifestyle factors, and comorbiditiesHenrik Berg Rasmussen
Research Institute of Biological Psychiatry, H S Sct Hans Psychiatric Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Roskilde, Denmark
Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 2:227-33. 2006..Previous studies have focused upon a single or a few risk factors. In this study we assessed and compared the significance of a wide variety of potential risk factors for cognitive impairment in postmenopausal women...
- Genotyping of the 19-bp insertion/deletion polymorphism in the 5' flank of beta-hydroxylase gene by dissociation analysis of allele-specific PCR productsHenrik Berg Rasmussen
Research Institute of Biological Psychiatry, H S Sct Hans Hospital, 2 Boserupvej, 4000 Roskilde, Denmark
Clin Chem Lab Med 43:903-6. 2005..The insights obtained in this study may be utilized to develop assays based upon dissociation analysis of PCR products for genotyping of other insertion/deletion polymorphisms...
- Association between the CCR5 32-bp deletion allele and late onset of schizophreniaHenrik Berg Rasmussen
Research Institute of Biological Psychiatry, H S Sct Hans Hospital, DK 4000 Roskilde, Denmark
Am J Psychiatry 163:507-11. 2006..The 32-bp deletion allele in chemokine receptor CCR5 has been associated with several immune-mediated diseases and might be implicated in schizophrenia as well...
- Novel variant of CYP2D6*6 is undetected by a commonly used genotyping procedureHenrik Berg Rasmussen
Institute of Biological Psychiatry, Mental Health Centre Sct Hans, Copenhagen University Hospitals, 2 Boserupvej, DK 4000, Roskilde, Denmark
Pharmacol Rep 63:1264-6. 2011..A procedure for the identification of the novel CYP2D6*6 variant using restriction enzyme treatment of amplified fragments was developed...
- Genetic susceptibility factors for multiple chemical sensitivity revisitedNikolaj Drimer Berg
The Danish Research Centre for Chemical Sensitivities, Department of Dermato Allergology, Gentofte Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Gentofte, Denmark
Int J Hyg Environ Health 213:131-9. 2010....
- Association of a dopamine beta-hydroxylase gene variant with depression in elderly women possibly reflecting noradrenergic dysfunctionMads Togsverd
Research Institute of Biological Psychiatry, Sct Hans Hospital, Roskilde, Copenhagen University, Denmark
J Affect Disord 106:169-72. 2008..Depression has a multifactorial etiology which involves genetic factors and comorbid diseases...
- Cognitive performance in elderly women: significance of the 19bp insertion/deletion polymorphism in the 5' flank of the dopamine beta-hydroxylase gene, educational level, body fat measures, serum triglyceride, alcohol consumption and ageMads Togsverd
Research Institute of Biological Psychiatry, H S Sct Hans Hospital, Roskilde, Copenhagen University, Denmark
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:883-9. 2007..The gene encoding dopamine beta-hydroxylase (DBH) could be one such factor since this hydroxylase converts dopamine to norepinephrine both of which are involved in cognition regulation...
- The impact of CYP2D6 and CYP2C19 polymorphisms on suicidal behavior and substance abuse disorder among patients with schizophrenia: a retrospective studyCamilla J Kobylecki
Research Institute of Biological Psychiatry, Mental Health Centre Sct Hans, Copenhagen University Hospital, Roskilde, Denmark
Ther Drug Monit 30:265-70. 2008....
- Estrogen receptor alpha and risk for cognitive impairment in postmenopausal womenLine Olsen
Research Institute of Biological Psychiatry, Copenhagen University Hospital, Roskilde, Denmark
Psychiatr Genet 16:85-8. 2006..049) and this effect was reflected in executive cognitive ability. These data support that the ESR1 gene variants affect cognitive functioning in postmenopausal women...
- CYP2D6 genotype predicts antipsychotic side effects in schizophrenia inpatients: a retrospective matched case-control studyCamilla J Kobylecki
Research Institute of Biological Psychiatry, Copenhagen University Hospital, Sct Hans Hospital, Roskilde, Denmark
Neuropsychobiology 59:222-6. 2009..The impaired metabolic capacity of the PM genotype results in higher steady-state plasma concentrations at a given dose, thus increasing the risk of toxic effects from medication...
- Serotonin transporter: evolution and impact of polymorphic transcriptional regulationKaren Søeby
Research Institute of Biological Psychiatry, Sct Hans Hospital, Roskilde, Denmark
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 136:53-7. 2005..We propose that the intronic VNTR have been selectively targeted through mammalian evolution to finetune transcriptional regulation of the serotonin expression...
- Advice on the genotyping of CYP2C19: comments on a recent articleHenrik Berg Rasmussen
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:647-8; author reply 648-9. 2008