Michael Bang Petersen
- Birth Weight and Social Trust in Adulthood: Evidence for Early Calibration of Social CognitionMichael Bang Petersen
Department of Political Science, Aarhus University
Psychol Sci 26:1681-92. 2015..Furthermore, we obtained tentative evidence that this effect is mitigated if adult environments do not induce stress. ..
- The ancestral logic of politics: upper-body strength regulates men's assertion of self-interest over economic redistributionMichael Bang Petersen
Department of Political Science and Government, Aarhus University, Aarhus DK 8000, Denmark
Psychol Sci 24:1098-103. 2013....
- Adaptationism and intuitions about modern criminal justiceMichael Bang Petersen
Department of Political Science and Government, Interacting Minds Centre, Aarhus University, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Behav Brain Sci 36:31-2. 2013..Here, I outline how the model developed by McCullough et al. readily predicts the production of conflicting intuitions in the context of modern criminal justice issues...
- Is the political animal politically ignorant? Applying evolutionary psychology to the study of political attitudesMichael Bang Petersen
Department of Political Science and Government, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
Evol Psychol 10:802-17. 2012....
- Testing Theories about Ethnic Markers: Ingroup Accent Facilitates Coordination, Not CooperationNiels Holm Jensen
Department of Psychology and Behavioral Sciences, Aarhus University, Bartholins Allé 9, 8000, Aarhus, Denmark
Hum Nat 26:210-34. 2015..Taken together, the results suggest that humans utilize ethnic markers of unfamiliar individuals to coordinate behavior rather than to cooperate. ..
- Individual differences in political ideology are effects of adaptive error managementMichael Bang Petersen
Department of Political Science and Government, Aarhus University, DK 8000 Aarhus
Behav Brain Sci 37:324-5. 2014....
- Hunger games: fluctuations in blood glucose levels influence support for social welfareLene Aarøe
Department of Political Science and Government, Aarhus University
Psychol Sci 24:2550-6. 2013..Rather, we suggest that it is "cheap talk" aimed at increasing the sharing efforts of other individuals. ..
- Social welfare as small-scale help: evolutionary psychology and the deservingness heuristicMichael Bang Petersen
Aarhus University, Denmark
Am J Pol Sci 56:1-16. 2012..This mode of categorization furthermore induces people to think about large-scale welfare politics as its presumed ancestral equivalent: small-scale help giving. The general implications for research on heuristics are discussed...
- To defer or to stand up? How offender formidability affects third party moral outrageNiels Holm Jensen
Department of Psychology, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
Evol Psychol 9:118-36. 2011..However, these findings were conditioned by the exploiters' perceived trustworthiness. Among female participants, the results showed that moral outrage was not modulated by exploiter formidability...