Affiliation: Odense University Hospital
- Are lifestyle-factors in adolescence predictors for adult low back pain? A cross-sectional and prospective study of young twinsLise Hestbaek
The Back Research Center, Backcenter Funen, University of Southern Denmark, Ringe, Denmark
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 7:27. 2006..Therefore, the objective of the present study is to investigate the association between smoking, alcohol consumption and overweight in adolescence and 1) present LBP (cross-sectionally) and 2) the risk of future LBP (longitudinally)...
- Does socioeconomic status in adolescence predict low back pain in adulthood? A repeated cross-sectional study of 4,771 Danish adolescentsLise Hestbaek
Clinical Locomotion Science, The Back Research Center, Hospital of Funen, University of Southern Denmark, Lindevej 5, 5950, Ringe, Denmark
Eur Spine J 17:1727-34. 2008..However, the statistical significance of this effect was unclear. We found no or very weak indications of possible relationships between social factors in adolescence and LBP at baseline and at follow-up...
- Comorbidity with low back pain: a cross-sectional population-based survey of 12- to 22-year-oldsLise Hestbaek
Back Research Center, Ringe, Denmark
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:1483-91; discussion 1492. 2004..Cross-sectional, population-based survey...
- Is comorbidity in adolescence a predictor for adult low back pain? A prospective study of a young populationLise Hestbaek
The Back Research Center, Backcenter Funen, Part of Clinical Locomotion Science, University of Southern Denmark
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 7:29. 2006..This is done by investigating whether different types of morbidity in adolescence are associated with LBP in adulthood...
- The course of low back pain from adolescence to adulthood: eight-year follow-up of 9600 twinsLise Hestbaek
Back Research Center, Backcenter Fynen, Clinical Locomotion Science, University of Southern Denmark, Ringe, Denmark
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:468-72. 2006..Prospective study with 8-year follow-up...
- Heredity of low back pain in a young population: a classical twin studyLise Hestbaek
The Back Clinic, Ringe, Denmark
Twin Res 7:16-26. 2004..As people grow older, the effect of the non-shared environment increases and non-additive genetic effects become more evident, indicating an increasing degree of genetic interaction as age increases...
- Low back pain in military recruits in relation to social background and previous low back pain. A cross-sectional and prospective observational surveyLise Hestbaek
The Back Research Center, University of Southern Denmark and Hospital of Fynen, Lindevej 5, 5750 Ringe, Denmark
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 6:25. 2005..This study focuses on the importance of social background factors and previous low back pain in the development of low back pain in military recruits...
- Development of the young spine questionnaireHenrik Hein Lauridsen
Research Unit for Clinical Biomechanics, Institute of Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics, University of Southern Denmark, Clinical Locomotion Network, Campusvej 55, DK 5230, Odense M, Denmark
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:185. 2013..The purpose of this study was to develop a questionnaire for schoolchildren filling this gap...
- Is low back pain part of a general health pattern or is it a separate and distinctive entity? A critical literature review of comorbidity with low back painLise Hestbaek
The Back Clinic, Ringe, Denmark
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 26:243-52. 2003..Data extraction The retrieved articles were evaluated for quality based on predefined methodological criteria, whereupon information about associations between low back pain and other physical disorders was extracted...
- What influences retrospective self-appraised recovery status among Danes with low-back problems? A comparative qualitative investigationCorrie Myburgh
Department of Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
J Rehabil Med 47:741-7. 2015..To better understand the course and development of this costly and disabling condition, the complex process of patient recovery requires further elucidation...
- Expectation of recovery from low back pain: a longitudinal cohort study investigating patient characteristics related to expectations and the association between expectations and 3-month outcomeAlice Kongsted
Nordic Institute of Chiropractic and Clinical Biomechanics, Part of Clinical Locomotion Network, Odense, Denmark Institute of Medical Biometry and Medical Informatics, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany and Institute of Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics, Part of Clinical Locomotion Network, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 39:81-90. 2014..A prospective cohort study conducted in general practice (GP) and chiropractic practice (CP)...
- The Nordic maintenance care program--time intervals between treatments of patients with low back pain: how close and who decides?Kjerstin F Sandnes
Institute of Clinical Biomechanics, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Chiropr Osteopat 18:5. 2010..Thus it is not known if patients on MC are coerced to partake in a program of frequent treatments over a long period of time, or if they are actively involved in designing their own individualized treatment program...
- The course of low back pain in a general population. Results from a 5-year prospective studyLise Hestbaek
The Back Clinic, Ringe, Denmark
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 26:213-9. 2003..To investigate the course of low back pain (LBP) in a general population over 5 years...
- Is low back pain in youth associated with weight at birth? A cohort study of 8000 Danish adolescentsLise Hestbaek
The Back Research Centre, Hospital of Funen, DK 5750 Ringe
Dan Med Bull 50:181-5. 2003..To our knowledge, the association between low back pain and birth weight has not previously been investigated. This study investigates the correlation between birth characteristics and low back pain in adolescence...
- Low back pain: what is the long-term course? A review of studies of general patient populationsLise Hestbaek
The Backcenter, Ringe Hospital, Odense University Hospital, 5950 Ringe, Denmark
Eur Spine J 12:149-65. 2003..Future research should include subgroup analyses and strive for a consensus regarding the precise definitions of LBP...