E B Dam
Affiliation: Nordic Bioscience
- Distribution, size, shape, growth potential and extent of abdominal aortic calcified deposits predict mortality in postmenopausal womenMads Nielsen
Department of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 10:56. 2010..We investigated the relationship between mortality and the composite markers of number, size, morphology and distribution of calcified plaques in the lumbar aorta...
- Increased urinary excretion of C-telopeptides of type II collagen (CTX-II) predicts cartilage loss over 21 months by MRIE B Dam
Nordic Bioscience A S, Herlev Hovedgade 207, DK 2730 Herlev, Denmark
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 17:384-9. 2009..We investigated the longitudinal interrelationship between CTX-II and knee cartilage volume quantified from magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Identification of progressors in osteoarthritis by combining biochemical and MRI-based markersErik B Dam
Nordic Bioscience, Herlev Hovedgade 207, Herlev, Denmark
Arthritis Res Ther 11:R115. 2009..Specifically, we investigated aggregate cartilage longevity markers combining markers of breakdown, quantity, and quality...
- Efficient segmentation by sparse pixel classificationErik B Dam
Nordic Bioscience, 2730 Herlev, Denmark
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 27:1525-34. 2008..We show that each algorithm is optimal for specific tasks, and that both algorithms allow a speedup of one or more orders of magnitude on typical segmentation tasks...
- Biochemical markers and the FDA Critical Path: how biomarkers may contribute to the understanding of pathophysiology and provide unique and necessary tools for drug developmentM A Karsdal
Nordic Bioscience A S, Herlev Hovedgade 207, Herlev, Denmark
Biomarkers 14:181-202. 2009..Biochemical markers of tissue degradation may provide optimal tools, which in combination with other techniques, prove essential to drug discovery and development...
- Automatic morphometric cartilage quantification in the medial tibial plateau from MRI for osteoarthritis gradingE B Dam
Image Group, IT University of Copenhagen
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 15:808-18. 2007..To evaluate whether a novel, fully automatic, morphometric cartilage quantification framework is suitable for assessing level of knee osteoarthritis (OA) in clinical trials...
- Vertebral fracture risk (VFR) score for fracture prediction in postmenopausal womenM Lillholm
Synarc Imaging Technologies A S, Herlev, Denmark
Osteoporos Int 22:2119-28. 2011..We present an osteoporosis fracture risk score based on vertebral heights. The score separated individuals who sustained fractures (by follow-up after 6.3 years) from healthy controls at baseline...
- Should subchondral bone turnover be targeted when treating osteoarthritis?M A Karsdal
Nordic Bioscience A S, Herlev, Denmark
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 16:638-46. 2008..We speculate whether a treatment for OA would be possible without targeting the bone compartment?..
- Automatic shape model building based on principal geodesic analysis bootstrappingErik B Dam
Nordic Bioscience, Imaging, Herlev Hoved 207, Herlev, Denmark
Med Image Anal 12:136-51. 2008..Furthermore, the correspondence properties measured by generality, specificity, and compactness are improved during the shape model building iterations...
- Segmenting articular cartilage automatically using a voxel classification approachJenny Folkesson
IT University of Copenhagen, DK 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 26:106-15. 2007....
- Segmentation of tumors in magnetic resonance brain images using an interactive multiscale watershed algorithmMarloes M J Letteboer
Image Sciences Institute, University Medical Center, Heidelberglaan 100, Room E01 335, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
Acad Radiol 11:1125-38. 2004..This article presents the evaluation of an interactive multiscale watershed segmentation algorithm for segmenting tumors in magnetic resonance brain images of patients scheduled for neuronavigational procedures...