Affiliation: National Centre for Register-based Research
- Reduction of crime in first-onset psychosis: a secondary analysis of the OPUS randomized trialHanne Stevens
National Centre for Register Based Research, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
J Clin Psychiatry 74:e439-44. 2013..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether assertive specialized treatment would reduce the rate of crime in patients with a first episode of psychotic illness...
- Offending prior to first psychiatric contact: a population-based register studyH Stevens
National Centre for Register Based Research, Aarhus University, Aarhus C, Denmark
Psychol Med 42:2673-84. 2012..The aim of this study was to determine whether the association between mental disorder and offending is present prior to illness onset in psychotic and non-psychotic disorders...
- [Psychiatric treatment sentences]Hanne Stevens
Center for Registerforskning, Aarhus Universitet, 8000 Arhus C, Denmark
Ugeskr Laeger 172:2366-70. 2010..Examining the period 1990-2006, we studied incident sentences, taking the type and severity of crime into account...
- [New biostatistical methods in general practice research. A literature review]Henrik Støvring
Syddansk Universitet, Winsløwparken 19, 3, DK 5000 Odense C
Ugeskr Laeger 164:5399-402. 2002
- Predictors of treatment resistance in patients with schizophrenia: a population-based cohort studyTheresa Wimberley
National Centre for Register Based Research, School of Business and Social Sciences, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark Electronic address
Lancet Psychiatry 3:358-66. 2016..We used a treatment-based proxy for treatment-resistant schizophrenia to identify candidate predictors of treatment resistance at first hospital contact with a schizophrenia diagnosis...
- Predicting Mean Survival Time from Reported Median Survival Time for Cancer PatientsMette L Lousdal
Department of Public Health, Aarhus University, Denmark MLL Department of Health Management and Health Economics, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway ISK The Cancer Registry of Norway, Oslo, Norway BM Biostatistics Department of Public Health, Aarhus University, Denmark HS
Med Decis Making . 2016..Mean survival time is rarely reported due to censoring imposed by limited follow-up time, whereas the median survival time often is. The empirical relationship between mean and median survival time for cancer patients is not known...
- Effect of organised mammography screening on stage-specific incidence in Norway: population studyMette L Lousdal
Department of Public Health, Aarhus University, Bartholins Alle 2, Aarhus C DK 8000, Denmark
Br J Cancer 114:590-6. 2016..We aimed to estimate the effect of organised mammography screening on breast cancer stage distribution by comparing changes in women eligible for screening, based on birth cohort, to the concurrent changes in younger, ineligible women...
- A competing risk approach for the European Heart SCORE model based on cause-specific and all-cause mortalityHenrik Støvring
Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
Eur J Prev Cardiol 20:827-36. 2013..The SCORE model, however, is not mathematically consistent and does not estimate all-cause mortality. Our aim is to modify the SCORE model to allow consistent estimation of both CVD-specific and all-cause mortality...
- [Differences in general practitioners' use of International Classification for Primary Care diagnoses. The interobserver and intraobserver variation]Henrik Schroll
Forskningsenheden for Almen Medicin, Syddansk Universitet, Winsløwparken 19, DK 5000 Odense C
Ugeskr Laeger 165:4104-7. 2003
- Inverse association between urbanicity and treatment resistance in schizophreniaTheresa Wimberley
National Centre for Register Based Research, School of Business and Social Sciences, Aarhus University, Denmark Electronic address
Schizophr Res 174:150-5. 2016..We aimed to investigate the association between urbanicity and incidence of TRS...
- Trends in stage-specific incidence of prostate cancer in Norway, 1980-2010: a population-based studyMette H Møller
Department of Public Health, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
BJU Int 118:547-55. 2016..To estimate changes in the stage distribution of prostate cancer during the time period where opportunistic prostate-specific antigen (PSA) testing was introduced...
- Determining prescription durations based on the parametric waiting time distributionHenrik Støvring
Biostatistics, Department of Public Health, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 25:1451-1459. 2016..The purpose of the study is to develop a method to estimate the duration of single prescriptions in pharmacoepidemiological studies when the single prescription duration is not available...
- Trends in breast cancer stage distribution before, during and after introduction of a screening programme in NorwayMette L Lousdal
1 Department of Public Health, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
Eur J Public Health 24:1017-22. 2014..Consequently we aimed to estimate trends in stage-specific breast cancer in relation to the introduction of population-based screening...
- [Physical training as treatment of reduced functional ability in frail 75+ year-olds living at home. A randomized intervention study in general practice with technological assessment elements]Esther Vad
Forskningsenheden for Almen Medicin i Odense, Syddansk Universitet, Winsløwparken 19, DK 5000 Odense C
Ugeskr Laeger 164:5140-4. 2002..The aim of this study was to establish the value of physical training as a treatment of reduced physical ability in frail, elderly patients living at home...
- Use of a prescribed ephedrine/caffeine combination and the risk of serious cardiovascular events: a registry-based case-crossover studyJesper Hallas
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Southern Denmark, DK 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Am J Epidemiol 168:966-73. 2008..Prescribed ephedrine/caffeine was not associated with a substantially increased risk of adverse cardiovascular outcomes in this study...
- Estimation of prevalence and incidence based on occurrence of health-related eventsHenrik Støvring
Research Unit of General Practice, University of Southern Denmark, J B Winsløws Vej 9, DK 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Stat Med 24:3139-54. 2005....