Affiliation: National Institute of Public Health
- Risk for multiple sclerosis in dizygotic and monozygotic twinsThomas Hansen
National Institute of Public Health, Oster Farimagsgade 5, DK 1399 Kobenhavn K, Denmark
Mult Scler 11:500-3. 2005....
- Concordance for multiple sclerosis in Danish twins: an update of a nationwide studyT Hansen
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, National Institute of Public Health, Oster Farimagsgade 5, DK 1399 København K, Denmark
Mult Scler 11:504-10. 2005..Our results largely confirm previously published concordance estimates and indicate that genetic factors are of importance in susceptibility to MS...
- Fatal accidents among Danes with multiple sclerosisHenrik Brønnum-Hansen
National Institute of Public Health, Oster Farimagsgade 5, DK 1399 Copenhagen K, Denmark
Mult Scler 12:329-32. 2006..90) and suffocation (SMR = 5.57). We conclude that persons with MS are more prone to fatal accidents than the general population. The excess risk is due not to traffic accidents but to burns and suffocation...
- Social integration of adults with cerebral palsySusan Ishøy Michelsen
National Institute of Public Health, Rigshospitalet National University Hospital Copenhagen, Denmark
Dev Med Child Neurol 48:643-9. 2006..This could be due to cognitive difficulties or premature ageing...
- The estrogen hypothesis of schizophrenia implicates glucose metabolism: association study in three independent samplesLine Olsen
Research Institute of Biological Psychiatry, Sct, Hans Hospital, DK 4000 Roskilde, Denmark
BMC Med Genet 9:39. 2008..Thus, we tested the hypothesis that variants of the glycolytic genes are associated with schizophrenia or at least with gender-associated aspects of the illness...
- Association analysis of schizophrenia on 18 genes involved in neuronal migration: MDGA1 as a new susceptibility geneAnna K Kähler
TOP Project, Institute of Psychiatry, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:1089-100. 2008....
- Adolescents: is there an association between knowledge of oral contraceptives and profession of provider?Thomas Hansen
Department of Epidemiology, SINTEF Health Research Trondheim, Norway
Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care 12:303-8. 2007..Information given during brief and annual discussions with health professionals appears to have an insignificant impact as compared with information from other sources. Our results plead for an over-the-counter practice...
- Association of a dopamine beta-hydroxylase gene variant with depression in elderly women possibly reflecting noradrenergic dysfunctionMads Togsverd
Research Institute of Biological Psychiatry, Sct Hans Hospital, Roskilde, Copenhagen University, Denmark
J Affect Disord 106:169-72. 2008..Depression has a multifactorial etiology which involves genetic factors and comorbid diseases...
- Cognitive performance in elderly women: significance of the 19bp insertion/deletion polymorphism in the 5' flank of the dopamine beta-hydroxylase gene, educational level, body fat measures, serum triglyceride, alcohol consumption and ageMads Togsverd
Research Institute of Biological Psychiatry, H S Sct Hans Hospital, Roskilde, Copenhagen University, Denmark
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:883-9. 2007..The gene encoding dopamine beta-hydroxylase (DBH) could be one such factor since this hydroxylase converts dopamine to norepinephrine both of which are involved in cognition regulation...
- Cancer predisposition in mice deficient for the metastasis-associated Mts1(S100A4) geneChristina EL Naaman
Department of Molecular Cancer Biology, Danish Cancer Society, Strandboulevarden 49, DK2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Oncogene 23:3670-80. 2004..Taken together, these observations indicate that spontaneous tumors in S100A4-/- mice are a result of functional destabilization of p53 tumor suppressor gene...
- Estrogen receptor alpha and risk for cognitive impairment in postmenopausal womenLine Olsen
Research Institute of Biological Psychiatry, Copenhagen University Hospital, Roskilde, Denmark
Psychiatr Genet 16:85-8. 2006..049) and this effect was reflected in executive cognitive ability. These data support that the ESR1 gene variants affect cognitive functioning in postmenopausal women...
- Reliability of clinical ICD-10 schizophrenia diagnosesKlaus D Jakobsen
Research Institute of Biological Psychiatry, Sct Hans Hospital, Roskilde, Denmark
Nord J Psychiatry 59:209-12. 2005..87). Thus, this study demonstrates high reliability of the clinical diagnosis of schizophrenia and even more so of the diagnosis of schizophrenia-spectrum disorder...
- Large recurrent microdeletions associated with schizophreniaHreinn Stefansson
CNS Division, deCODE Genetics, Sturlugata 8, IS 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Nature 455:232-6. 2008..CNV analysis may also point the way to the identification of additional and more prevalent risk variants in genes and pathways involved in schizophrenia...