- Body mass index and overweight in adolescents in 13 European countries, Israel, and the United StatesInge Lissau
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 158:27-33. 2004..To compare the body mass index (BMI) (calculated as weight in kilograms divided by the square of height in meters) and the prevalence of BMI at or above the 85th centile and 95th centile (overweight) in adolescents...
- Trends in socioeconomic inequalities in self-assessed health in 10 European countriesAnton E Kunst
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Epidemiol 34:295-305. 2005....
- The social patterning of relative body weight and obesity in Denmark and FinlandSirpa Sarlio-Lähteenkorva
Department of Public Health, University of Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Public Health 16:36-40. 2006..The aim of this study was to analyse and compare the social patterning of relative weight and obesity by occupational status, educational attainment and marital status between Danish and Finnish women and men...
- Child and adolescent obesity: why we need to fight!Carl Erik Flodmark
Childhood Obesity Unit, University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Acta Paediatr Suppl 94:4-7. 2005
- Action, prevention and epidemiology of paediatric obesityInge Lissau
National Institute of Public Health, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Paediatr Suppl 94:30-7. 2005..Some of these focus on the reduced intake of carbonated drinks, whereas others focus on both diet and physical exercise. Finally, this paper demonstrates that Denmark is at the forefront regarding a national action plan against obesity...
- Prevention of overweight in the school arenaInge Lissau
National Institute of Public Health, Denmark
Acta Paediatr Suppl 96:12-8. 2007..In conclusion, half of the studies were successful and had an effect on either overweight or obesity. Much more research is needed in order to effectively prevent paediatric obesity...