P B Jeppesen
- Stevioside induces antihyperglycaemic, insulinotropic and glucagonostatic effects in vivo: studies in the diabetic Goto-Kakizaki (GK) ratsP B Jeppesen
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism C, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Phytomedicine 9:9-14. 2002..In conclusion, stevioside exerts antihyperglycaemic, insulinotropic, and glucagonostatic actions in the type 2 diabetic GK rat, and may have the potential of becoming a new antidiabetic drug for use in type 2 diabetes...
- Isosteviol increases insulin sensitivity and changes gene expression of key insulin regulatory genes and transcription factors in islets of the diabetic KKAy mouseI Nordentoft
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism C, Aarhus Sygehus THG, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus C, Denmark
Diabetes Obes Metab 10:939-49. 2008....
- Antihyperglycemic and blood pressure-reducing effects of stevioside in the diabetic Goto-Kakizaki ratP B Jeppesen
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory, Aarhus Amtssygehus, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Metabolism 52:372-8. 2003....
- Increased insulin sensitivity and changes in the expression profile of key insulin regulatory genes and beta cell transcription factors in diabetic KKAy-mice after feeding with a soy bean protein rich diet high in isoflavone contentI Nordentoft
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism C, Aarhus Sygehus THG, Aarhus University Hospital, Tage Hansens Gade 2, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Agric Food Chem 56:4377-85. 2008..The results indicate that SBP improves glucose and insulin sensitivity and up-regulates the expression of key insulin regulatory genes...
- Rebaudioside A directly stimulates insulin secretion from pancreatic beta cells: a glucose-dependent action via inhibition of ATP-sensitive K-channelsR Abudula
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism C, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus C, Denmark
Diabetes Obes Metab 10:1074-85. 2008..The results indicate that rebaudioside A may offer a distinct therapeutic advantage over sulphonylureas because of less risk of causing hypoglycaemia...
- Stevioside counteracts the alpha-cell hypersecretion caused by long-term palmitate exposureJ Hong
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Aarhus University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 290:E416-22. 2006..This indicates that stevioside may be a promising antidiabetic agent in treatment of type 2 diabetes...
- Impact of glucagon-like peptide-1 (7-36) amide, isosteviol and 5-aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide 1-β-d-ribofuranoside on leucine-mediated α-cell dysfunctionX Chen
Department of Medicine and Endocrinology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus C, Denmark
Diabetes Obes Metab 14:1020-31. 2012..Furthermore, we wanted to explore if glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), isosteviol (ISV) and 5-aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide 1-β-d-ribofuranoside (AICAR) counteract changes in α-cell function induced by chronic exposure to leucine...
- Intestinal growth adaptation and glucagon-like peptide 2 in rats with ileal--jejunal transposition or small bowel resectionJ Thulesen
Department of Medical Anatomy, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Dig Dis Sci 46:379-88. 2001..The adaptive intestinal growth is associated with increased plasma levels of GLP-2, and GLP-2 seems to act in an endocrine as well as a paracrine manner...
- Short-term administration of glucagon-like peptide-2. Effects on bone mineral density and markers of bone turnover in short-bowel patients with no colonK V Haderslev
Dept of Gastroenterology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, Denmark
Scand J Gastroenterol 37:392-8. 2002..This article describes the effect of GLP-2 on spinal and hip bone mineral density (BMD) and biochemical markers of bone turnover in these patients...