- Sexual dysfunction in women with diabetes mellitusAnnamaria Giraldi
Sexological Clinic, Mental Health Services, Psychiatric Center Rigshospitalet, 2100, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Sex Res 47:199-211. 2010..This review hypothesizes several presumed causes for such variation in findings across studies and uses these explanations as the basis for a discussion of differences between men's and women's sexuality...
- Questionnaires for assessment of female sexual dysfunction: a review and proposal for a standardized screenerAnnamaria Giraldi
Department of Sexological Research, Psychiatric Center Copenhagen, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Sex Med 8:2681-706. 2011..Of these, questionnaires have become an easy first choice to screen individuals into different categories of FSD...
- Medical solutions have improved the treatment of sexological problems and created more demand for sexological careAnnamaria Giraldi
Sexological Clinic, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Sex Marital Ther 33:433-7. 2007
- Androgens and Psychosocial Factors Related to Sexual Dysfunctions in Premenopausal WomenSarah Wåhlin-Jacobsen
Department of Sexological Research, Psychiatric Center Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark Electronic address
J Sex Med . 2017..Testosterone is believed to modulate a woman's sexual response and desire, because low levels are considered a risk factor for impaired sexual function, but previous studies have been inconclusive...
- A retrospective study of relevant diagnostic procedures in vulvodyniaChristina Damsted Petersen
Sexological Clinic, Psychiatric Center, and Department of Gynecology, Juliane Marie Centre, Rigshospitalet University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Reprod Med 54:281-7. 2009..To identify objective clinical signs of vulvodynia and determine specific diagnostic tests for vulvodynia in women referred to a vulvar outpatient clinic for vulval complaints...
- Female sexual arousal disordersAnnamaria Giraldi
Department of Sexological Research, Rigshospitalet 7411, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Sex Med 10:58-73. 2013....
- Female sexual dysfunction: a call to arms for collaboration to understand the sexological elephantAnnamaria Giraldi
Sexological Clinic, Psychiatric Center Copenhagen and institute for Clinical Medicine, University of Copenhagen Blegdamsvej 9, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Nat Rev Urol 13:365-6. 2016..Our inability to work together as clinicians, psychologists, patients, and advocates hinders our understanding of FSD, and we will only improve matters with increased funding and collaboration. ..
- Long-term follow-up of individuals undergoing sex reassignment surgery: Psychiatric morbidity and mortalityRikke Kildevæld Simonsen
a Psychiatric Centre Sexological Clinic, GIUUC, Copenhagen, Denmark
Nord J Psychiatry 70:241-7. 2016..Accordingly, the present study investigated both mortality and psychiatric morbidity using a sample of individuals with transsexualism which comprised 98% (n = 104) of all individuals in Denmark...
- Is there a correlation between androgens and sexual desire in women?Sarah Wåhlin-Jacobsen
Department of Sexological Research, Psychiatric Center Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Sex Med 12:358-73. 2015..Measuring bioactive testosterone is difficult and new methods have been proposed, including measuring the primary androgen metabolite androsterone glucuronide (ADT-G)...
- Endorsement of models describing sexual response of men and women with a sexual partner: an online survey in a population sample of Danish adults ages 20-65 yearsAnnamaria Giraldi
Psychiatric Center Copenhagen, Sexological Clinic, Copenhagen, Denmark Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Sex Med 12:116-28. 2015..Several models have been used to describe men's and women's sexual responses. These models have been conceptualized as linear or circular models. The circular models were proposed to describe women's sexual function best...
- Botulinum toxin type A-a novel treatment for provoked vestibulodynia? Results from a randomized, placebo controlled, double blinded studyChristina Damsted Petersen
Sexological Clinic, Psychiatric Centre, Rigshospitalet University Hospital of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Sex Med 6:2523-37. 2009..Vestibulodynia is an increasingly recognized problem among women and is often difficult to treat...
- An evidence-based definition of lifelong premature ejaculation: report of the International Society for Sexual Medicine Ad Hoc Committee for the Definition of Premature EjaculationChris G McMahon
Australian Center for Sexual Health, Sydney, Australia
BJU Int 102:338-50. 2008..To develop a contemporary, evidence-based definition of premature ejaculation (PE)...
- Sexual desire in a nationally representative Danish populationLene Eplov
Copenhagen County Research Centre for Prevention and Health, Glostrup University Hospital, Glostrup, Denmark
J Sex Med 4:47-56. 2007..There are only a few studies on the frequency of sexual desire in the general population, whereas studies investigating the frequency of disordered sexual desire are more common...
- An evidence-based definition of lifelong premature ejaculation: report of the International Society for Sexual Medicine (ISSM) ad hoc committee for the definition of premature ejaculationChris G McMahon
Australian Center for Sexual Health, Sydney, Australia
J Sex Med 5:1590-606. 2008....
- The other side: failure in fair and balanced reportingStanley E Althof
J Sex Med 2:583-4. 2005